jigging in israel

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by shlomi, Jan 13, 2007.

1. shlomi

shlomi Junior member

it was my first time in jigging and i loved evrey second
    it was 5 mils west from Hifa shore and first time for me to
    catch amber jack on jigging

2. shlomi

shlomi Junior member

the pics

Attached Files:

3. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Congrats on fine catch.

What kind of jig do you use?

4. Pope

Pope Senior Member

I have always wanted to fish the Med, just out of curiousity if nothing else. Did the war btw Lebanon (Hezballah) cause a lot of pollution. I understood from new reports over 5 billion gallons of crude was spilled off Beriut and that isn't to far.

5. shlomi

shlomi Junior member

Shure Catch 180 gram green fosfort jig
    and another one there is a pic

Attached Files:

6. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

nice catch and and form the smile on your face i think you might get addicted to jigging. i sure hope you don't have many toothy critters over there to eat your jigs and cut you off. thanks for posting it is nice to see what the rest of the world is catching and how....rick

7. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Nice catch!
    I noticed your rigging differently than many of us. Your using two stinger hooks tied to what appears to be split rings. If so, have you had failures from the splitrings?

8. shlomi

shlomi Junior member

I have always wanted to fish the Med, just out of curiousity if nothing else. Did the war btw Lebanon (Hezballah) cause a lot of pollution. I understood from new reports over 5 billion gallons of crude was spilled off Beriut and that isn't to far.
    the last 6 month was great fishinig mainly near the cost of Lebanon
    so if there was pollution. it didnot efect the fish so far

9. shlomi

shlomi Junior member

nice catch and and form the smile on your face i think you might get addicted to jigging. i sure hope you don't have many toothy critters over there to eat your jigs and cut you off. thanks for posting it is nice to see what the rest of the world is catching and how....rick
    im addicted to jigging !!!
    there is one fish with sharp tooth in the aria its narrow-barredqspanish mackrel
    and we use difrent line to tied the hooks so that way he cant cut the jig

10. shlomi

shlomi Junior member

Nice catch!
    I noticed your rigging differently than many of us. Your using two stinger hooks tied to what appears to be split rings. If so, have you had failures from the splitrings?
    i dont do that enymore i rig the hooks on solid rings that way
    there is no failures