360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SPONSOR
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I booked halibut jigging trips at Icy Bay Lodge, AK on July 9 - 16 and July 16 - 23 this year.
There are a few cancellations on both trip.
The Icy Bay Lodge is located in remote area 60 miles off Yakutat, AK. You take bush plane from Yakutat.
Icy Bay Lodge is probably one of the best halibut jigging destinations in shallow water in the whole Alaska.
In addition to halibut jigging, you can expect to catch lots of huge lingcod or yelloweye rockfish.
If anyone is interested in the trip, let me know.

Here is pictures from last year's trip. All on jigs
Road surface Asphalt Wood Household cleaning supply Hat
Shoe Vertebrate Asphalt Glove Hat
Vertebrate Jaw Automotive tire Road surface Fish
Water Shoe Leg Fishing net Workwear

Here

Attachments

·
SPONSOR
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more pcitures

Attachments

·
SPONSOR
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sent you pm. It is 6 days fishing. When you arrive at Yakutat in the morning of Sat. They take you to the lodge by taking bush plane. It is about half hour fly. You leave the lodge on the next saturday.
All tackle is provided by the lodge. And boxes of vacuum packed fish are provided free of charge.
It is first class operation with only 6 guest at a time.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I sent you pm. It is 6 days fishing. When you arrive at Yakutat in the morning of Sat. They take you to the lodge by taking bush plane. It is about half hour fly. You leave the lodge on the next saturday.
All tackle is provided by the lodge. And boxes of vacuum packed fish are provided free of charge.
It is first class operation with only 6 guest at a time.
I am interested in the price as well. Why not put the price on the trip here on the forum for all of us that are potentially interested? Thank you very much

·
SPONSOR
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
unbelievable halibut jigging out of Icy Bay Lodge, AK today.
I released 92 small halibut on 5 oz Al Gag jigs and I got 100 lb halibut for 93rd catch. Rego never fished Pacific halibut before and he nailed 140 lb - 150 lb halibut.
It was so much fun to use Black Hole Kayaker rod which I use for fluking.
My whole body is aching after 5 hours nonstop jigging.
🙂

We have one - two spot open due to cancellation on July 16 - 23 trip. If anyone can go on a short notice, don't hesitate as you can expect the best halibut jigging in shallow water ( 60'- 100').

Attachments

·
SPONSOR
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I landed 175 halibut on jigs for 4 days and 54 big ling cod on jigs for one dayat Icy Bay Lodge, AK and the biggest one is about 100 lb.
That is quite impressive catch.
Trousers Happy Gesture Tree Jacket

First group of anglers just left the lodge and second group of anglers will be here soon.
I hope they catch as many halibut as the first group did, but weather is quetionable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts