360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year on an offshore trip i saw for the first time first hand how to jig for squid thesse people had a single prawn style squid jig on a small fresh water rod reel combo now they were vthrowing the jig out and twitching it all the way back to the boat rarely letting it get lower than say 5 feet so naturally i thought that was how its done. yet i ordered my jigs and notided on the back it says tie on a sinker and every like foot or so tie a jig to the main line which is better in your opinion or does it depend on location and condition or trial and error :confused: :confused:

406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oo i could give 2 craps about eating them at this point all though this italian boy is a big calamari fan but im using them as bait we had so much squid on the surface cruisin it looked like a blanket, in turn bringing in mahi like ive never seen im talkin 2 schools circling the boat all night like 40 fish total 1 slob of a maihi did show up had 2 be atleast 30 pounds but got spooked o well thanks for the help kil and everyone leaving monday night will be sure to post a report when i get back thursday night.

406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea i figured that out last year i have both styles the stripes y zuri type and the american type i only had the american type last year and i couldnt catch a damn thing with it thats why i bought the yozuri style jigs i saw people throwin thos and they were catchin em faster tna you could count thanks for the help kil, btw you guys can call me tony if you'd like

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.