360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

Jigging Destin

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  spineyman 
#1 ·
Went out yesterday with Jason4606 and Gimmedeal and had a blast, caught a limit of real nice snapper, a couple of ajs and a half dozen almacos and a real fine black snapper as well. The weather tried to sneak up on us again this week but were were able to skirt the 2 storms and miss the terrible seas but did get hit with rain and lightning about 2 miles from the pass. Had a blast fishing with the crew and I am waiting to do it again soon.

#5 ·
You should have driven through the storms and gave them the full Destin experience complete with 5-8 seas @ 2 seconds like we had last week :).

Glad you guys had a good trip.

Went out yesterday with Jason4606 and Gimmedeal and had a blast, caught a limit of real nice snapper, a couple of ajs and a half dozen almacos and a real fine black snapper as well. The weather tried to sneak up on us again this week but were were able to skirt the 2 storms and miss the terrible seas but did get hit with rain and lightning about 2 miles from the pass. Had a blast fishing with the crew and I am waiting to do it again soon.

#13 ·
Didn't take many pix unfortunately... But here are a few.

No that's not a new fly pattern. It's PowerPro and a Sabiki rig after about 4 or 5 baby bonitos got a hold of it!

Fred hooked up on one of many, many small red grouper.

This pesky little bugger just wouldn't let go...

One of a couple nice AJ guessing ~30lbs? I think the other one was a little bigger and nobody can prove otherwise! ;)

Big Mangrove snapper (that's a 48qt cooler) that followed one of the big red snappers up from deep. He looked at a jig, but finally caught it on top with a piece of cut cigar minnow...

And I can't help but include my son's first bass from the day before our trip with George!

And his second was a little better... (No he hasn't upgraded to Cielo and Alphas Type-R yet.. But he did reel this one in, so I figure that counts too!:))

Jason

#15 ·

And his second was a little better... (No he hasn't upgraded to Cielo and Alphas Type-R yet.. But he did reel this one in, so I figure that counts too!:))

Jason
Way to go Cole.......next time ask your daddy to get you "Calais DC reel" instead those "Cars reel"........:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.