360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took Freddy and the Gang from Atlanta out and wore out the ajs, or rather the ajs wore us out. Most of the time at least 3 of us were bowed up at the same time as well as 4 and 5 of us. We had a blast but I think at last count the ajs won. I felt like I had kissed a Mack truck when I woke up this morning.
Thanks to Freddy , Jonny , David and of course Jason from Birmingham for coming down to fish with this crazy old *******. had a blast and I am looking forward to the next trip.

Spiney

·
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Caught a gag and lost a few more.Also had to vent and release some fine snapper. Just give me a shout when you are ready to come jigging.

·
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once the weather turns to summer like patterns I try to go every Wed and Sat. Just drop me a line if you plan to be in the area and I will give it my best effort to get you out.

·
5,457 Posts
George,

Next weekend you can fish instead of running the boat

d-a

·
Tuna Club member
879 Posts
We had a great trip! Thanks again George!! First 2-3 drops we found some dink AJs. But after that, the better fish turned on and the screen was lit up like a Christmas tree all day! Sorry for lack of pix. I snapped some early but not of any of the better fish...:( It's hard to stop when having so much fun!! We went straight to the spot, and fished that one small 1/2 mile area HARD. We barely slowed down even have a drink! :D Love it!!

I've never seen so many near-legal fish. Seems like the AJ were all 29-29.875". It was non-stop. Seems like everybody lost good fish, and I had a good grouper worked 75' off the bottom and treble from 300g dunk shot pulled. (I knew I needed to back off the drag but the hook pulled first.:mad: )

I only remember one lost jig in whole boat. NO kings!:) (other than one that tried to eat Johnny's AJ, see pix) We had fast drift so 300g to get to bottom dwellers (in 180-200') and 200g for AJs... Jigs I remember were blue 200g Jinkster, 200g blue/green no-name, Pink 200g Turkey Slider, 300g pink/glow Dunk Shot, Orange 400g? jig sim to Sanme, and 10oz gold hammered diamond. Another note... I killed 'em with Turkey Slider all day, guessing 20 AJ+? and that jig has one tiny little chip. Very, very nice!

Johnny's bitten AJ and David hooked up:

David hooked up:

Johnny's fish again:

George with 400g prototype OTI (very nice!):

George w/AJ:

George hooked up with 400g Barefoot and Penn Torque 200:

George hooked up with Xzoga 500g and OJ4000P:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts