360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for a charter in Cabo to jig with? Everyone here wants to troll/live bait. Just need small boat with sonar and a Capt. that knows how to read it. I'm in Cabo for 8 more days and have my jigging gear with me. Any contact info would be appreciated

·
3,483 Posts
I have not fished with Mike but have heard he is a good as it gets in Cabo. He has posted numerous times putting people on AJs and Yellowtail jigging but now is not the best time of year for those species. He definitely knows the deep reefs where they hang out.

If I was going to fish Cabo and wanted a Fisherman that would put me on the best bite for the day to jig, pop, or pull live bait for Cow Tuna that's who I would go with. Be flexible and this guy will put you on fish. Best way to always have a good time is to not limit yourself to particular species or techniques but to fish the hot bite and Mike will know where it is.

RenegadeMike Sportfishing - About RenegadeMike

·
3,483 Posts
I've contacted Mike twice thru his web site before I arrived in Cabo and got no response

Did you try the Cabo cell #624 129 9581??

·
438 Posts
I've fished in San Jose Del Cabo many times with Gordo Banks Pangas on their 26' super pangas. I think they're the best bang for the money. They're also near the famous Gordo and Imam banks. Their boat captains are very good and usually they'll cater to what kind of fishing the angler wants to do. No deckhand, just the captain and the angler which minimizes the costs. The marina is also very near the Royal Solaris hotel which offers all inclusive-all the food you can eat and drinks. It's very convenient not to have to look for a place to eat after a tiring day of fishing. After a day of fishing all you want to do is clean-up or jump in the pool, eat at one of the hotel's restaurants and buffet, relax and drink at the bar. If you're going to fish early in the morning, you can call the hotel's services and order box lunches, and it will be waiting for you in the morning at the hotel's front desk. They have a freezer room for anglers right by the lobby where you can check-in your fillets then pick them up when you're ready to leave. Hope this helps.

Gordo Banks Pangas!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts