Jigfest IV ??

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by STx Fisherman, Feb 18, 2009.

1. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

Hey guys....

Have any of you talked about plans for Jigfest IV out of Wilmingham, NC?

(I think it's at IV...) I want to dance with an AJ as shown in a few of the Jigfest III pics....the AJ's were huge.

I received the Jigging Master 500g rod from Gary and put my Accurate B2-30 on it....I'm ready to tango with one of those big mothers.

2. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

I went to the last one and the next one is full and gonna go end of March I think. Usually the date for the next one will be announced immediately after the trip.
    Go, by all means go. If you're wanting to see how your jigging game holds up or want to improve it, it's a fun trip. It's also a chance to meet some of the East Coasters (actually, fishermen are starting to come in from everywhere for these trips). I'll try and go again, it's good times.

Fred

3. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

fred, im gonna try and go again myself. last time was a blast. the biggest thing i learned was that i was totally out of shape for that torture. i couldnt jig(properly work jig) by the end of the first day and didnt hardly try the second day. my arms would spasm and lock up on me.

if interested they post up on the deepjigging forum. great bunch of yankees! hahaha.

4. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

Brian, Lemme know when. Last time I had the wrong jigs and wasn't quite ready either. Fighting the AJ's is one thing and then there's jigging all day with 300g and 400g jigs. My technique was a little thin last time but I've fattened it up a little. When I return I intend to give the jacks fits.

Fred

5. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Let's go. We don't have to be one a jiggest, it would be nice though.

d-a

6. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

yeah its the march 20th weekend. i think they have 3 boats this time.

7. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

fred, doug, im down. dont know when, maybe october when i could go.

8. d-a

d-a Senior Member

fred, doug, im down. dont know when, maybe october when i could go.

Im sure we could find one more that wants to go.

d-a

9. masonboro

masonboro Senior Member

Hey Doug,Fred & Brian,
    let me know when and I will go with you'll.You'll can stay at my beach house so that eliminates the expense of somewhere to stay.I can also pick you'll upfrom airport and help out.Hey Brian,I know you want some fish taco's!!

10. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

D-a I've been thinking about this lately and was going to suggest it to you for march let me know we could easily do 5 on the GB. We could scout it out for ASWSC.
    Aj jerking might be the best option
    What do you want from High Point NC we're going sat.

11. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

do yall use 500gram rods?Who cought the biggest last year?

12. gman

gman Senior Member

400-500g rods are the best. The last trip produced some large fish several over the 100 mark but I was lucky enough to land of the largest on record down there went around 120-130 ish

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

Gman caught biggest, taped at 120. I believe there were a few more that went 100. AJ's to test your equipment, strength, and technique. And Dave, sometime I'm gonna wreck me some fish tacos.

Fred

14. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

you guys are fishing machines!Hots and stellas or smiths and stellas(probably both)?

15. d-a

d-a Senior Member

D-a I've been thinking about this lately and was going to suggest it to you for march let me know we could easily do 5 on the GB. We could scout it out for ASWSC.
    Aj jerking might be the best option
    What do you want from High Point NC we're going sat.

You gonna be able to go?

d-a

16. d-a

d-a Senior Member

you guys are fishing machines!Hots and stellas or smiths and stellas(probably both)?

Don't think there was any hot's, but most every top manufacture was represented. I caught my 100lber on a OTI 600g and OJ 5000

d-a

17. fishingeek

fishingeek Senior Member

Actually I have landed several big AJ's just shy of the 100 mark on my Hot's 48XXH. The 100lber will hit the deck on Jigfest 4!

18. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Actually I have landed several big AJ's just shy of the 100 mark on my Hot's 48XXH. The 100lber will hit the deck on Jigfest 4!

Al

I was talking about JF3. I don't remember you using a hots then, just the JM

d-a

19. masonboro

masonboro Senior Member

Glen, Every couple of week's I have to go back and look at the picture's of that A.J.!!! Friggin Monster

20. cbaker77

cbaker77 Site Sponsor

Bring it on jiggers! Shoot me a pm if you guys wanna set it up. Cheers!