Jigfest 09?

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by silky23, Aug 26, 2009.

1. silky23

silky23 Senior Member

Anyone know if and when jigfest 09 is happening this year?

2. ty2philly

ty2philly Senior Member

Anyone know if and when jigfest 09 is happening this year?
    Good question. It would be great to get another NC Jigfest trip in the works. I had such a great time at "JigFest II 2008" in Wilmington NC

Ty

3. silky23

silky23 Senior Member

I was kinda hoping for a fall NC jigfest. I know a couple folks I work with up here would probably make the drive for something like that.

4. gman

gman Senior Member

I will be running the one and only official North Carolina JIGfest 2009 targeting monster Amberjacks, Groupers, blackfin tunas and wahoos. in October this year. Signups will begin soon and they will only be here on 360 tuna. If you frequent any other boards please refer back to this one as I will not be posting it anywhere else

5. silky23

silky23 Senior Member

Thanks for the info , The more heads up I can get the better!

6. gman

gman Senior Member

Thanks for the info , The more heads up I can get the better!

probably going to happen second week of october

7. silky23

silky23 Senior Member

Awesome, be looking forward to a chance at an AJ, never ran into one of them before.

8. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

if you havent had a chance to go i would definitely try to get on this. amazing fishery, big ajs! more than you want. plus get to fish with some crazy f'rs! you'll learn alot about jigging and test your skills and stamina. B

9. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

I'm down. Count me in for this.

Ill do it only for 360tuna.

10. gman

gman Senior Member

plus get to fish with some crazy f'rs! B

and who might that be directed towards hahahaha

11. silky23

silky23 Senior Member

Already can't wait! If anyone in the NJ/Philly area wants to carpool lemme know.

12. silky23

silky23 Senior Member

Hey Kidflex, who's the hottie in your arms?

13. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

Some sponsorship from OTI would be awesome. Actually, a jig sponsor would be best!

14. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

Hey Kidflex, who's the hottie in your arms?
    thats my boo! lol.

btw, you wont be the same after fishing with glenn. his enthusiasm and drive will have you stepping up your game. many gut checks happen in those wilmington waters

15. ty2philly

ty2philly Senior Member

I will be running the one and only official North Carolina JIGfest 2009 targeting monster Amberjacks, Groupers, blackfin tunas and wahoos. in October this year. Signups will begin soon and they will only be here on 360 tuna. If you frequent any other boards please refer back to this one as I will not be posting it anywhere else

Glenn,

Thats awesome! I am looking forward to it.
    Maybe we can get some OTI sponsorship also.

peace!
    Ty

16. SSFIREMSN

SSFIREMSN Senior Member

I will be coming to charleston sc. in Oct. and if it is when I am up there I may have to see if I can make it. How far would that be from you.? How long to you go out for and how much are you talking about(est.) Thanks Steve

17. gman

gman Senior Member

Its about 4 hours away from where you will be, Cost depends on the amount of anglers but as an example of our last trip

2 boats x 2 days, so 4 trips x $1,000 each day or $4,000 plus 15% gratuity or $4,600 divided by approximately 8 anglers for a total of $575 pp plus tip

Thats a lot of hurt for $575 pp. This trip will mentally and physically push you to your limits, 65 miles offshore in center consoles, dropping jigs and catching on almost every other drop ... Im not even joking a little. Its hard core but really fun

There were days where I caught 25-30 amberjacks over 40 pounds along with several in the hundred pound range and some way over it. You will also have shots at grouper, blackfin tuna, wahoo all in the same place

Its one of the ultimate jigging destinations now, people from all over the world are going there now

18. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

It's nutz. If you haven't been, you ought to go. It's grueling enough that you ought to get an "I survived Jigfest T-shirt". If you're trying to work on your jigging game, this is THE crash course. You'll drop a jig after a fight and wonder why.
    Offshore Wilmington is Jack city. I'd go again except remembering it makes me sore. That, and I'll be in Cape Cod about that time.
    As for the crazy f*****s, you know who you are.

Fred

19. jig42na

jig42na Spinal Rods

Its about 4 hours away from where you will be, Cost depends on the amount of anglers but as an example of our last trip

2 boats x 2 days, so 4 trips x $1,000 each day or $4,000 plus 15% gratuity or $4,600 divided by approximately 8 anglers for a total of $575 pp plus tip

Thats a lot of hurt for $575 pp. This trip will mentally and physically push you to your limits, 65 miles offshore in center consoles, dropping jigs and catching on almost every other drop ... Im not even joking a little. Its hard core but really fun

There were days where I caught 25-30 amberjacks over 40 pounds along with several in the hundred pound range and some way over it. You will also have shots at grouper, blackfin tuna, wahoo all in the same place

Its one of the ultimate jigging destinations now, people from all over the world are going there now

So far I like the sounds of that.....theres nothing scary in there at all!!

65mile run = FUN
    $575 for 20hrs fishing = FUN
    100 pound Ajs with countless others = FUN
    Glenn wearing a retard helmet= FUN

......Count me in I like punishment!!!! I mean FUN

2 things though
    1. Cape Cod will be off the hook
    2. Listen to Glenn on this. He is one of the few that actually has jigged all day with me and if he says you will be hurting you wil be. Who can jig the longest??????

20. gman

gman Senior Member

So far I like the sounds of that.....theres nothing scary in there at all!!

65mile run = FUN
    $575 for 20hrs fishing = FUN
    100 pound Ajs with countless others = FUN
    Glenn wearing a retard helmet= FUN

......Count me in I like punishment!!!! I mean FUN

2 things though
    1. Cape Cod will be off the hook
    2. Listen to Glenn on this. He is one of the few that actually has jigged all day with me and if he says you will be hurting you wil be. Who can jig the longest??????

Ha Ha I knew you would want in your hard core mo-fo. The Cape Cod bite will be hot however it has always stayed hot until after Thanksgiving, we fished right up until the December threshold last season

AND ...

if your hunting trophies as in over 100 pounds there is no better time than October. I've had fish I couldn't even stop in October and plus there are fish this size there ......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]