Jig terminal tackle

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Chumlord, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Chumlord

Chumlord Member

When tying on a jig do you all recommend tying the braid directly to the jig/ring or do you use a length of mono or fluorocarbon. If the mono of fluoro is used how do you recommend joining the two with a knot like the Albright or uni-uni or do you use simply an small Spro swivel?

2. etan

etan Senior Member

I use mono topshots connected with a loop to loop to the spectra. Used to use uni-uni connection but like loop to loop better. I make my own topshots.

3. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

How can learn a loop 2 loop?

4. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

hmmmmm if i answer, can i come fishing with you... ;)

but yeah that post has covered a lot of it i believe.

5. Chumlord

Chumlord Member

The loop to loop is quite simple the only thing that's critical is that you must join the loops so they form a square knot vs a half hitch. Tying the loops is more complicated than the connection a Bimini twist in the braid and a Surgeons loop in the mono or fluoro should work fine.

6. Iliveoutside

Iliveoutside Senior Member

Best to buy the mono or floro leaders pre-made. You need the spectra sleeve to keep the braided line from cutting your mono. You don't want to use just a mono loop. You can make them yourself, but they can be had very inexpensively pre-made--check the link to Jak Associates in my linked post.