JB Line One supplier?

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by SkeeterRonnie, Dec 1, 2006.

1. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

Whos the cheapest in regards to purchasing location for JB Line One?

I plan on using this on my bass rod with a short topshot of Berkley high test to throw topwater frogs, heavy jigs, and large swimbaits. Something the ordinary bass guy never does, it may give me a slight advantage come tourney time.

2. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

I don't know who is cheapest, but I bought 1200 yards of solid from cabbagekey and they pay all shipping, FWIW. Maybe everyone does. I think they are associated with JB Industries, because I ordered from Cabbabe Key and the line was shipped from JB.

3. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

4. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

You do the checking and tell us who's cheaper....They all are stand up folks that can sell you JB line
    www.ringedhooks.com
    www.bhptackle.com
    http://www.reelproshop.com/

5. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I'm getting ready to buy 6 spools (2500yds of 130#) solid JB, not hollow. The best price I can find is 259 per spool. I havent' bought it yet, as I am researching other new brands and pricing. I might get a better price if I buy a case. I'm writing a few suppliers to see if they will cut me a price break on a case lot.

Has anyone ever used the below Haywire twist machine. I always pre make about 500 different wire leaders for the summer during the winter months. My fingers get raw and it takes a long time. Before I buy this machine, it would help to hear from someone that has used it. I hate being a ginnypig.

http://www.reelproshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=108

6. SkeeterRonnie

I am going to wait, as I did not know OTI will have spectra available.

BTW~ the spectra is not fo line capacity issue, its for cutting thru the hydrilla(mono will break in hydrilla) Topshot will only be 2'long.

7. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

That turbo thingy looks like a sure way to impale a treble hook into ones hand if ya ask me. I say that you would be a lab rat or a pin cushion trying to use that thing MrBill.
    Email or call Tec. He'll give you his honest opinion and can probably supply contacts for reference.

8. SkeeterRonnie

why heck- you could make one of those with a drill and a sewing machine pedal......

9. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

I'm getting ready to buy 6 spools (2500yds of 130#) solid JB, not hollow. The best price I can find is 259 per spool. I havent' bought it yet, as I am researching other new brands and pricing. I might get a better price if I buy a case. I'm writing a few suppliers to see if they will cut me a price break on a case lot.

Has anyone ever used the below Haywire twist machine. I always pre make about 500 different wire leaders for the summer during the winter months. My fingers get raw and it takes a long time. Before I buy this machine, it would help to hear from someone that has used it. I hate being a ginnypig.

http://www.reelproshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=108

MrBill,
    There were some guides talking about that unit a year or so ago on TTMB, you might try a search or ask there.