360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Randy Bassinga
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a spool from an ebay shop a month ago and has not yet arrived. I'll give this guy another week and then complain to paypal and ebay. In the meantime I have more reels now to fill up and looking for another place to buy from

Any recommendations?

·
358 Posts
I get my JB from Charkbait. Might send Mark an email to see how shipping would need to work out to Australia. Or you can contact Jerry Brown directly.

·
Randy Bassinga
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rohit I have a brand new spool of 130 hollow if you are interested, it's on the buy & sale
G'day mate. I have thought about the 130lb but since I can only fit less the n 270m of 100lb, I cant go any thicker then that

Thanks for the suggestions fellas, I will look them up

·
5,457 Posts
Try Basil at BHP Tackle had the best prices on 100lbs JB Spectra

This is who I get JB braid from

d-a

·
1,386 Posts
I ordered a spool from an ebay shop a month ago and has not yet arrived. I'll give this guy another week and then complain to paypal and ebay. In the meantime I have more reels now to fill up and looking for another place to buy from

Any recommendations?

BHP Tackle. Good service. Good quality control, meaning he checks things over before shipping to you. Fair prices.

·
Randy Bassinga
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Denis
Is $45 just for the shipping?

Glad to report that the line finally arrived today. It feels brilliant and I am keen to start playing with it. Can anyone please point me to a good tool for opening the hollow up?

·
235 Posts
A guitar's E string (bent in half), which you can buy in different diameters...I use a .019 for most splicing work, works excellent.

·
5,700 Posts
Rohit

yes Average shipping charge per consignment is $45.
The tyranny of distance.
So I get quite a few things per consignment ..........he he.

Since March last year the Oz import rules increased the consignment value to AU$1000 before Duty & GST etc kicks in ..........so $45 freight is not too bad if you get a bit of stuff.
My shipping agent only got around to telling me of the increase in the duty limit for airfreight consignments from $250 to $1000 ( incl freight) just before Xmas.

even a single 1800m spool of boat braid at just over US$200 is cheap with the $45 freight compared to what it would cost out here ( if you could source 1800m spools ).

·
Randy Bassinga
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi mate
Being no stranger to international shipping and trying very hard to stay under the 1k limit at least once a month is why I find $45 for shipping spools of line very high

Lucky this shop came through after all the delay. I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and place another order. Hopefully it really was a delay from the festive season. It cost me AU$65 for a 300y spool of 100lb JB hollow including shipping

Hit a bit of snag though, I cant get the 200lb black magic up the line, any tips

·
Randy Bassinga
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hit a bit of snag though, I cant get the 200lb black magic up the line, any tips

Still no joy. The 200lb leader is 1.4mm and I just cant get it up the JB. I also tried splicing needles that take the leader but they too are too thick for the JB

Any ideas fellas, does anyone know if this can be done easily?

·
Site Sponsor
1,212 Posts
The 200lb leader is 1.4mm and I just cant get it up the JB.

Cannot be done easily, if at all. 200lb hollow is the correct spectra to use with 200lb mono.

Basil Pappas
BHP Tackle

·
Randy Bassinga
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The 200lb leader is 1.4mm and I just cant get it up the JB.

Cannot be done easily, if at all. 200lb hollow is the correct spectra to use with 200lb mono.

Basil Pappas
BHP Tackle

Thanks, no I dont feel like a complete idiot thinking wtf I am doing worng. tying the JB onto the 200lb with a 20 turn nail is holding and pulling 33kg on the scales and not even sliding. Just squishes harder onto the leader the more I pull. I'll go with that

·
Site Sponsor
1,212 Posts
Alternatively, you can make a knotless connection by splicing an end loop in your 100lb hollow. Then insert and serve a sleeve of 200lb hollow spectra, with an end loop, on the back of your mono and connect L2L. That's the beauty of L2L spectra connections...you can connect any size mono to any size spectra without the constraint of having to fit the mono itself into the main line.

Basil Pappas
BHP Tackle

1 - 17 of 17 Posts