Its on..Obamas attack on your gun rights..

Discussion in 'HUNTING' started by VaRandy, Feb 11, 2009.

1. VaRandy

VaRandy Site Sponsor

House Bill HR 45

Check out OpenCongress - U.S. Congress - H.R.45 Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

The bill was introduced in January and is in committee

Are you ready for the House Bill titled 'HR 45, Blair Holt Licensing and Record Act of 2009'. It will make it illegal to own a firearm unless it is registered with the database in Washington D.C. As a gun owner you will have to be finger printed, you will be required to provide your DL#, SS#, you must maintain a valid address at all times, submit to mental and physical health records being put on file, you will also be required to file any address changes and any ownership changes even if a private sale. Each update will cost $25 and if you fail to comply you will lose your right to own firearms. This bill and its language mirror almost completely one defeated last year in the House of Representatives by soon to be Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel. Will we the citizenry be as lucky this time?

Pass this on to everyone who believes in strict Constitutionalism and remember that laws only apply to those who obey them. Criminals by definition and nature do not abide by laws. New laws and restrictions only apply to the law abiding citizen and are not written with the criminal in mind. With guns, it is not about having laws on the books to prosecute individuals, it is about taking guns away from the people so that no one has them in the first place. One last item to note, when assuming power and creating a facist state, Hitler was a proponent of strong gun laws because a disarmed populace was much easier to control than an armed one. The kings of old also outlawed weapons of any kind in any region that they conquered to quell the ability of the citizens to uprise against them.

The Founding Fathers of this nation understood all of the above and because of this they included the second amendment in the constitution. In fact, they knew that at some point in every society's life span that the need for the population to arise came about. To this end they made the right to keep and bear arms against a tyrannical state an absolute right that could not be revoked. They did this because the first thing tyrants and despots do is to remove a population's right to defend themselves. When this is done, the tyrants have no problem with the destruction of society as we know it.

Send this on to all true patriots! Protect your Second Amendment!

The following is a summary of the bill as provided by the Congressional Research Service. If you read the whole bill, you'll find it will effectively preclude the ownership of ANY firearms by law-abiding people unless licensed by the Attorney General. How long do you think THAT would take??

Congressional Research Service Summary

The following summary was written by the Congressional Research Service, a well-respected nonpartisan arm of the Library of Congress. GovTrack did not write and has no control over these summaries.

1/6/2009--Introduced.

Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act and such license has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license application, issuance, and renewal requirements.

Prohibits transferring or receiving a qualifying firearm unless the recipient presents a valid firearms license, the license is verified, and the dealer records a tracking authorization number. Prescribes firearms transfer reporting and record keeping requirements. Directs the Attorney General to establish and maintain a federal record of sale system.

Prohibits: (1) transferring a firearm to any person other than a licensee, unless the transfer is processed through a licensed dealer in accordance with national instant criminal background check system requirements, with exceptions; (2) a licensed manufacturer or dealer from failing to comply with reporting and record keeping requirements of this Act; (3) failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours; (4) failing to report to the Attorney General an address change within 60 days; or (5) keeping a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and ammunition for the firearm, knowingly or recklessly disregarding the risk that a child is capable of gaining access, if a child uses the firearm and causes death or serious bodily injury. Prescribes criminal penalties for violations of firearms provisions covered by this Act. Directs the Attorney General to: (1) establish and maintain a firearm injury information clearinghouse; (2) conduct continuing studies and investigations of firearm-related deaths and injuries; and (3) collect and maintain current production and sales figures of each licensed manufacturer. Authorizes the Attorney General to certify state firearm licensing or record of sale systems.

Please help forward to those not paying attention, which is almost everyone!

2. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Yeah.. it is utter insanity!!

3. SteelingHeads

SteelingHeads Senior Member

Thanks for the post Randy. I have forwarded the link to all my buddies.

4. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

I just spoke to congressman Brady's office in washington, texas 8th district is stricly opposed to this bill. I urge all of you to start calling and writing your congressional offices now and get this shot down!!!

5. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

Yeah, we could lose the right to bear tuna fishing equipment too, if we are not careful.

6. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

When they pry it from my slimy dead fingers!!!!!

7. DanS

DanS Senior Member

Government-funded (public) education serves the State. The Nation has become a sea of 'useful' idiots, and the tide is rising daily.

8. seahunter

seahunter Member

In this country down under “OZ” we use to have firearms until they got taken away from us.
    We could own a rifle but for a pistol you need to belonged to a gun club.
    We no longer have killings with firearms unless it’s an illegal gun.
    Only down fall is if we were attacked by another country we as individuals would have nothing to help defend us,and our military would barely last a week.
    I guess we could throw rocks.
    We do see and hear a lot about the U.S. having problems with shootings on a regular basis even though you do have a much larger population which creates bigger problems.
    Would be nice to live in a trouble free world.

9. oldtrackster

oldtrackster Senior Member

Seahunter thats kind of the point. The gun laws do not take guns from criminals. Notice you still have murders and so would we and still on a regular basis. We cant keep drugs or illegal aliens from coming up from Mexico and they really think we could stop guns? It effects only the people that shouldnt have to abide by the restictive gun laws. I appreciate your input.

10. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Seahunter,
    You guys got screwed by your gun ban. It was a horrible mistake by your country and all the fools that made it happen. Here below are the hard facts of what has really happened in your country since the ban. We will not surrender our guns here in the US. It is our God given right to keep and bear arms. House Bill HR 45, if passed, will be considered toilet paper in most of the U.S.

AUSTRALIA GUN BAN RESULTS

11. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Only down fall is if we were attacked by another country we as individuals would have nothing to help defend us,and our military would barely last a week.
    I guess we could throw rocks.

That's a pretty big downfall. Long live the right to bear arms and the castle doctrine.

12. seahunter

seahunter Member

It was all about one guy walking through a country town shooting people at his own discretion and having a mental illness.This is when our leader said that’s it you all lose your gun.
    Just goes to shows how one idiot got the whole thing started.
    Yes their was a big out cry from legal law biding gun owners saying why do we have to pay the price because of one sicko.
    Our gun deaths have fallen greatly as their isn’t none around any more.

If you guys lost all your guns then yes lower % shootings,but guns would get smuggled in and the problem never gets solved.So that idea won’t work.

Any way one day in the future I will get myself to the U.S. for a holiday and meet some great people and talk fishing.

13. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

Quote from seahunter:
    "Just goes to shows how one idiot got the whole thing started."

It's just the same here in the US, amigo. the rights of all US citizens as a whole suffers for the actions of a few.
    Aussie's actions aside, have you seen how good "zero-tolerance gun control"
    has worked in Mexico? the Federales/police are the only people allowed to posess firearms in that country, yet citizens & the drug cartels are shooting eachother in the streets by the thousands. Gun control really works, right?

For the record, my guns have done a GREAT job keeping the King of England out of my living room......:D

14. Formula4Fish

Formula4Fish Senior Member

Most estimates range between 39% and 50% of US households having at least one gun(thats about 43-55 million households). The estimates for the number of privately owned guns range from 190 million to 300 million. Removed those that skew the stats for their own purposes the best estimates are about 45% or 52 million of American households owning 260 million guns).

What, exactly would this government do, if 50 million gun owners just ignored this law if it were to pass?

Examine what would happen to the GNP if 50 million gun owners were arrested, not to mention the other millions it would take to arrest and confine them. Everyone would either be a politician, in jail, or guarding those who were.

I know that I sold all my guns yesterday, to a stranger, for cash. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

15. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

In this country, our founders understood that an armed citizen is the only thing that stands in the way of tyranical government. Thus the logic behind the second amendment in our constitution. Now that the [email protected]*&#& liberals are in power they are AGAIN attempting to disregard the law of the land. I own not one or two but a closet full of guns and WILL NOT surrender them under any circumstances! As a marine NCO and veteran of more than my fair share of armed conflicts, I say let them try!

Liberals-kill em all now-count em later!

16. seahunter

seahunter Member

Quote from seahunter:
    "Just goes to shows how one idiot got the whole thing started."

It's just the same here in the US, amigo. the rights of all US citizens as a whole suffers for the actions of a few.
    Aussie's actions aside, have you seen how good "zero-tolerance gun control"
    has worked in Mexico? the Federales/police are the only people allowed to posess firearms in that country, yet citizens & the drug cartels are shooting eachother in the streets by the thousands. Gun control really works, right?

For the record, my guns have done a GREAT job keeping the King of England out of my living room......:D
    For the record, my guns have done a GREAT job keeping the King of England out of my living room......
    Only wishfull thinking for us :D

17. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

Well, having gone through the process of acquiring class III items, most of the provisions of that bill seem pretty mundane. I don't want it to pass but if you want to own any of the exotic (fun) NFA stuff, you have to go through far more than that bill proposes.

18. shorecaster96744

shorecaster96744 Member

Facts are that rules, regulations, and laws only work if people abide by them. Criminals are called criminals for a reason, they don't play fair and they don't play by the rules. Lets not forget who has the guns in places like Japan and the UK, Military, Police and Criminals. Interesting note, anyone heard the local news in hawaii? Island of oahu, an off duty police officer was involved in a shooting, he feared for his life and his life was saved by him using his own personal owned weapon to shoot a man who was attacking him and threatened to kill him. If he wasn't carrying that morning we would be hearing about a dead cop on the news. When will people learn, criminals love to prey on the weak and defenseless, wish hawaii would adopt a concealed carry law for everyone.

19. anglerinshore

anglerinshore Member

Hey guys i agree with everyone. It will be a sad day if we as citizens let our government ban guns. I grew up in Kennesaw, Ga. A place where owning a gun was a law. I believe it is the only town in the U.S. that has this law. Here is a link that will give a summary on it. I think it was out in 2000 and our town has grew dramatically since the article was written so i'm sure the stats may be different now, but you get the idea.
    Crime Rate Plummets in Kennesaw, GA

20. rtran

rtran Senior Member

isnt he trying to make weed legal in california too?