Items from Chark Bait

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by hamptonsurf, Nov 27, 2009.

1. hamptonsurf

hamptonsurf Senior Member

Was looking at an AVET LX and some spools on Jerry Brown 100 and 60 on chark bait. I have heard mixed reviews from them (and I'd prefer no comments on whether or not they support fishermen and conservation).

Do they get legitimate gear? Seconds? before I buy 2500 yds of JB spectra, I want to know I am getting the real thing, none of these ebay fake line spools.

2. feeder

feeder Senior Member

Never had a problem with any gear that I'd bought from them. They're legit. A lot of people buy from them.

3. oldtrackster

oldtrackster Senior Member

I have purchased most of my reels from them. they are legit no seconds or tricks. IMO you wont find a safer place to purchase online.

4. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

same here. never a problem in 6 years. even getting a broken rod, they shipped another one immediately.
    as far as seconds, last I ck'd Charkbait was the largest volume Accurate dealer in North America
    nothing bad to say business wise, but a few certain comments of late have caused some concern
    -B

5. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

the only thing ive ever had an issue with was a few times i ordered something and wasn't informed that it was on backorder until the item did not arrive (i.e. the invoice said it was on backorder). Would've liked a phone call - but otherwise no complaints. its legit.

6. hamptonsurf

hamptonsurf Senior Member

7. red34

red34 Guest

I've been there several times. Cool store and the guys there know their stuff.

8. Angler Systems

Angler Systems Senior Member

Good people @ Clarkbait.

9. DenisB

DenisB Senior Member

Good people @ Clarkbait.

Just a few days ago I ordered a bunch of stuff for shipment to me in OZ
    One item was out of stock.
    Received an email enquiring if I wanted another colour or cancel that item.

The items were then shipped within 24 hrs.

You simply cannot ask for better service than that.