360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
88 Posts
Hey,

What a crock of BS. That video reminds me of that scene in Steve Martin's "The Jerk," where the bleeding heart type was panhandling for money to stop "cat juggling." Those a$$holes are probably making a bunch of money selling bogus t-shirts to idiots looking for a cause.

F

·
Tuna Club member
879 Posts
C'mon guys... It's obviously fake. You can see the string around the kitten. Not sure what the real intent is though, joke or otherwise. If it's not a joke and they are stealing money in the name of a couple of good causes (don't support all of the ones listed ;)) then I agree that's worth being pi$$ed about.

·
Super Moderator
6,168 Posts
ridiculous, true or not. Who would do that "on camera", knowing the repercussions?
I googled "socksff, inc." and got nothing other than they're a for-profit co (?)

·
88 Posts
C'mon guys... It's obviously fake. You can see the string around the kitten. Not sure what the real intent is though, joke or otherwise. If it's not a joke and they are stealing money in the name of a couple of good causes (don't support all of the ones listed ;)) then I agree that's worth being pi$$ed about.

Hey,

They're selling T-shirts for profit. $19.95 for a T-shirt and a vehicle sticker. That part of it is real, and they clearly state they are a for-profit corporation. Their cause is bogus, and that video ridiculous. But you know there's plenty of people stupid and/or naive enough to believe it. I won't be at all surprised if next time I'm in front of a board full of fish I'm verbally assaulted by a PETA-freak (it's happened to me before) wearing one of these T-shirts.

Can you say SCUMBUCKETS?

F

·
723 Posts
I'm not buying it..... Like Kidflex said, no doubt it has happened, but there is nothing to gain. Fish eat fish.... a kitten would never be as effective as a Pogie or Herring. So, what is there to gain?

G

·
I'm pretty sure a cat would at least flinch and squirm if you put a hook in its neck.. those kittens didn't flinch..
yeah it would spaz. this is a hoax.

·
3,240 Posts
I guess hard times call for drastic measures.Who would have thought you would ever see fishing and kittens in the same sentence.I bet hes making some money though cause some people will fall for anything.

·
1,321 Posts
Don't you love how this A-hole says "Rich White Travelling Sportfishermen" like its some kind of disease....

I was thinking exact same thing.

·
2,924 Posts
I mean shit if your gonna do it, do it right and use a suitable hook like a 16/0 circle. Who fishes for marlin and sharks with a 2/0 bass treble hook and with todays technology in bridling hell we could just put the hook around its collar

I do not condone the use of live cats for bait but if you do .... use the right hook atleast

1 - 20 of 24 Posts