Is the fat Lady singing???

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by tmack9200, Nov 16, 2009.

1. tmack9200

tmack9200 Senior Member

I'm headed out Thursday to see if she is or not, I'm guesssing she's to busy eating and they are still out there. Anyone else heading out? I'll be on 68 Striper Recon....

2. north coast

north coast Senior Member

I'm thinkin very seriously about it. I'd like to know that they were still around though. I heard that the fog and huge swells made it tough on sunday.I don't know if they are still around or not. I guess the only way to find out is to go. What's another day off work anyhow

3. gman

gman Senior Member

I heard there was a big mass of fish off buzzards bay area by a very good source

4. toppuntawong

toppuntawong -- Tackle Ho --

I heard there was a big mass of fish off buzzards bay area by a very good source

Glenn, you should go my man! :D :D

5. redgarvey

redgarvey Member

Any one need one guy for Thursday?
    Ted

6. tmack9200

tmack9200 Senior Member

Tuna were still on the bank as of yesterday, this was confirmed by a friend who's buddy is a commercial guy. Don't know about numbers, but they were breaking water.

Looks like a gorgous week ahead of us......

7. Taz575

Taz575 Senior Member

Yeah, just in time for deer season :( Hopefully I will get one tomorrow, then can wrap rods and maybe get to CC again!

8. tmack9200

tmack9200 Senior Member

Yeah, just in time for deer season :( Hopefully I will get one tomorrow, then can wrap rods and maybe get to CC again!

Taz, it will be to warm to hunt this week, put the shotgun away and hunt something that fights back :D

good luck and get that big old 12 pointer

9. Taz575

Taz575 Senior Member

Shotgun?? I'm on private land...rifles rule :) I have the next 5 nights off, then work 2 days 4 days off!

10. shawn44

shawn44 Junior member

good luck on thursday todd, my boat is winterized and no vacation days left, i was out there last week, seen one pod above the northwest corner as we where fishing for cod and haddock shawn from ludlow mass

11. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Member

I would love to get out there one more time. I fished last Tuesday with a fever and then missed four days of work with the flu. With a short week coming up, it's kind of tough to let it go right now. Then there is the CTF Pollack Slam the week after, squeezing in some deer hunting here and there.

There were a lot of fish still there last week. By the way Todd, the docks are pulled at the Plymouth ramp. Not a problem unless you are going to launch solo...

12. John_Madison CT

John_Madison CT Senior Member

Somebody's got to be the last guy to catch a nice BFT this season....why not you !!!

Go get 'em !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. starkc69

starkc69 Junior member

Solo BFT Trip??? Oh wait, this is Todd...so very possible :)

14. gman

gman Senior Member

I would trade my left nut to get out one more time.

15. John_Madison CT

John_Madison CT Senior Member

I'm free Thursday & Friday if anyone needs a partner.;) ;) ;)

16. jig42na

jig42na Spinal Rods

I would trade my left nut to get out one more time.

My left or right either way. I may settle for chasing them along NJ. Get to sleep in and catch stripers if they are not around.
    Wanna wet a line?

17. seaworm1

seaworm1 Site Sponsor

that fat lady is a filthy whore, dont trust her!!

We took a 56" on thursday and a 69" on saturday. I saw HUNDREDS of breakng tuna on thursday. Go get that thanksgiving corker

18. tmack9200

tmack9200 Senior Member

that fat lady is a filthy whore, dont trust her!!

We took a 56" on thursday and a 69" on saturday. I saw HUNDREDS of breakng tuna on thursday. Go get that thanksgiving corker

Congrats on the tuna, we fished thursday and tried SWC, SEC, Peaked Hill, a little more north and only saw 3 tuna bust, we tried jigging, casting , trolling, live bait, basically everything in the book. We spent 8 hours looking and put about 100 miles on the boat with nothing to show except for a few cod and the endangered dogfish which seemed to follow us around all day...

19. gman

gman Senior Member

anyon need crew let me know

20. seaworm1

seaworm1 Site Sponsor

Glen, id be happy to have you on board but i'm a troller, you would have to deal with my big dopey internationals! Unfortunately it looks like its blowing hard as far as the forecast will perdict. I wouldnt mind a december tuney.

21. seaworm1

seaworm1 Site Sponsor

saturdays porker