Is it me?

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Eastern Tackle, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

Or there some funky stuff going on in the Trading Forum. Links to ebayers with no history. Brand new members posting up a bunch of stuff.

I would be overly careful right now.

2. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

3. Eastern Tackle

There are some good regular members selling stuff, but something stinks with a few things I've seen in the last 2 days. Everyone knows the safe regular guys.

4. feeder

feeder Senior Member

If the deal looks too good to be true it often is. As a forum gets more popular you get a lot more scum trying to pull a fast one and make a quick buck.

5. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

Hatidua, come to our rescue!

lol...

6. emorgan

emorgan Member

I'll bet that each and everyone of you guys were new to buying and selling on this forum at one time also, but I'll also bet y'all don't mind the new guys buying the stuff you all post though!!!!! A little trust goes a long way. If it doesn't look or feel right just pass on it. Most people here are good and honest.

Emorgan

7. hamptonsurf

hamptonsurf Senior Member

I agree, I haven't been a member of this forum very long, and I'd like to think people could trust me (heck, people have offered to send me items in order to have a chance to try before buy) but sometimes it just doesn't seem right. No intro, no responses....odd way of going about it. BUT, i'd like to think the goods would be fine.

8. peterk814

peterk814 Senior Member

I know a lot of forums that require you to be a member for x number of days, or have an x number of legit posts before you can post, and it does make sense.

9. Eastern Tackle

No intro, no responses....

And no pictures??? Not to mention responding from more than one screen name. Red flags going up all over the place on that one.

10. trlrman

trlrman Senior Member

sometimes it's just as hard to buy !! i've been trying for a week to get one of the sponsers to sell me a jm handle for my stella !just because you dont have a ton of post does not mean you have not lurked &learned !

11. Bill Fisher

Bill Fisher Senior Member

Or there some funky stuff going on in the Trading Forum. --------- Brand new members posting up a bunch of stuff.

not just the trading forum IMO........

i open threads nowadays and see schtuff about BFT, read a little a bit, and discover they're talking 'bout bluefin tuna.......

at one time, this place was more about gulf fishiing and those that fished it or traveled from Texas to other places and fished

it's now danged-near a pure jigging & popping forum (if not the want-ads) and that's okay too..... but i figger if a DFW Tuna Head had sumpin ta say about BFT, i'd figger they're talking 'bout blackfin tuna

i'm sooooo confused.......... :confused:

12. Eastern Tackle

.... but i figger if a DFW Tuna Head had sumpin ta say about BFT, i'd figger they're talking 'bout blackfin tuna

i'm sooooo confused.......... :confused:

I will help you :D
    BFT = bluefin
    YFT = yellowfin
    blackfin = blackfin

If its any consolation, it throws me off in reverse on 2cool. :)

Trlrman. I would sell you a handle if I had one. ;)

Number of posts is not the issue. There was someone above with 16 posts that commented. You do a quick search of the 16 (which you should do of anyone that you buy something from) and you can tell the person is real in only 16 posts because of the nature and responses to them from friends etc.

All I'm saying is be careful and take an extra security step right now. IP address search on an email or something like that.

13. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

Yeah, I am BFTMASTER, Black Fin Tuna Master, I have never even seen a blue fin!!

I know what you mean about the phisherman. I tried to purchase a nice 06' Angler with 150 yamaha from a boat trader add. Everything seemed in order, except the seller would never call me or answer the phone. E-mails were promptly returned, but never live contact. they wanted the transaction to take place through a "E-bay vehicle purchase protection" which after some research, I found out was the phishers new scam.

Some people are just too chicken shit to make an honest living. It will catch up with them [email protected]#$%

14. Bill Fisher

I will help you :D
    BFT = bluefin

carpetbagger........... :cool:

:p

:D

15. trlrman

trlrman Senior Member

eastern ck your pms

16. Eastern Tackle

Yeah, I am BFTMASTER, Black Fin Tuna Master, I have never even seen a blue fin!!

You will always be Bluefin Master to me :p

...thats what I always thought it meant for real.

17. Bill Fisher

do I see some one bother here ?
    I guess cause you,re In DFW does not give you the right to talk about any PELAGIC , BLACK FIN / BLUE FIN YELLOW FIN.
    Uhhmm I guess if a dont like a forum I wont post there ?

lol!..... (and i thot i was confused ;))

18. Bill Fisher

When are we going fishing and all teach you ?:D

dunno........ it's been killin' me this year

i'm stuck in NE Louisiana because i had to move my mom into assisted living, sell her condo, and now i'm keeping her dog and doing her shopping because of some back surgery she had back on july 8th last month

hopefully she'll be recovered and can drive by the end o'this month so i can cut loose and head done to the coast (2nd home and sportfisher wastin' away down there)

i might be looking into one o'yall's headboat adventures as an observer if-fer-nuttin'-else just sose y'all can learn me 'bout all this jiggin'-n-poppin' schtuff everyone seems to be so jazzed about.......... (just what i need...... more schtuff to $pend money on :rolleyes:)

i say i might wanna make one them headboat trips cuz i've already missed most of the summer this year and when the winds start picking up this fall there will be only so many opportunities to take my boat offshore..... and even then the only thing worthwhile will be tuna chunkin'

i'd still like to get in on a venice trip someday too...... ain't been down there in years (my old stompin' grounds before i bot the boat)

19. Eastern Tackle

i'd still like to get in on a venice trip someday too...... ain't been down there in years (my old stompin' grounds before i bot the boat)

I'm going Oct 2-3 for a 24 hour trip.

20. trlrman

trlrman Senior Member

trlrman not to step on your toes , but also it might be that this particular sponsor might be quite busy?.
    Bet youll get a response & your Jm handle, I know it takes a while but trust once you get it you wont be disappointed at all.:D JMO
    your probably right,guess i just want instant gradifacation(sp) lol ! in my work somebody wants to spend $ with me i need to sell it to them lol!