Invisibraid for Slow Pitch?

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by jon holsenbeck, Aug 11, 2019.

1. aquaholik

aquaholik Member

I haven't tested a "PE" line that is worth what they are asking for. YGK ODDPORT PE3 is the worst offender. Listed at 60 lbs but breaks at 39 lbs with a S/W ratio of 1.72!

I have to give Yozuri credit for selling a line with high S/W ratio for less than 10 cents per yard. It has the high S/W of Maxcuatro and Berkeley Pro Spec but at half the cost or less.

Cubeye, brn2surf1000 and iyaman like this.
  2. iyaman

iyaman Senior Member

Thank you Aquaholik. Appreciate the effort you put into this to help fellow fishermen.

Cubeye, brn2surf1000 and aquaholik like this.

3. aquaholik

aquaholik Member

Video is up. A penny is supposed to weight 2.5 grams. Two pennies weigh 4.998 grams on the scale.

4. OceanDevil

OceanDevil Active Member

aquaholik, Thank you very much for this test. Truly a professional and valid test of braid strength in my opinion.

We are happy with the results as they are pretty much as advertised, the 3.5 Kg difference in brake point will be discussed with the manufacturer, all though I'm sure that the response would be that under other conditions the advertised line test can be achieved. But 45 Lb Brake test on PR, AAA class in our book, add on top of that a much more durable braking point on the knot goes a long way as well, as, that's the largest weak point in the braid and leader joint section. when choosing a slow pitch braid, we look for action capabilities as much as strength which results in lighter weight in water and better jig movement, a soft braid that does not absorb water is hard to come by... An action test can be achieved only on the boat and is subject to catches and strike rate in comparison to other braids and full gear set up.

Thank you to everyone who took part in this test, and I hope it helps you make better-educated digestion when choosing the lifeline connected to your catch.

Cheers and all the best,

Dan

brn2surf1000 likes this.
  5. aquaholik

aquaholik Member

Dan,
    If you don't mind, send me about 60ft of the new stuff. I'll PM you the address.

I don't think anyone is going to use more than 20 lbs of drag for PE3. 45lbs PR knot will give you plenty of insurance with 20 lbs drag setting assuming you don't jig 900 ft and start the full spool drag setting at about 15 lbs.

brn2surf1000 and OceanDevil like this.
  6. OceanDevil

OceanDevil Active Member

Sure, no problem, send the address

7. brn2surf1000

brn2surf1000 Member

Dan.
    Thanks for sending it. I’ll give it a test on my upcoming trip.
    Bryan

8. brn2surf1000

brn2surf1000 Member

Well i fished the line on a new Shimano Ocea Jigger 1500 F Custom this past weekend.
    5735BCCA-A8A3-484B-BFF4-DB2CEC03A667.jpeg

Here’s my thoughts:
    The line overall is nice. As the test results shown above it’s very similar to my ho to line which is Yo Zuri Super Braid. Is it worth the price of just about double the Yo Zuri? In my opinion no it’s not.

The line does hold knots good. Am i able to tell any difference between the two lines as far as knot holding? Not even in the slightest.

I easily got the 300 meter spool (minus the 50’ i sent for testing on the Ocea 1500. I plan to only use this reel for pulley ridge lite trips and around my home waters so 300m is more then enough. The line overall is very smooth and has great abrasion resistance. The line is also metered and is made for jigging so that’s a plus if you’re using it to target fish at depth.

Overall i like it. The only downfall
    I see is the price. There is no reason to use this line over yo zuri superbraid in my opinion. Thanks Dan for sending the line over. Sorry it took so long but life gets in the way some times.

Pokie, semipro, jshorty and 3 others like this.
  9. brn2surf1000

brn2surf1000 Member

Some people like the J Braid. I however do not. I’ve tried to fish it a few diff times a few years ago and just can’t get myself to like it. But to each their own. Use what you have confidence in.

10. rocketsurgeon

rocketsurgeon Junior member

Sorry to threadjack, but how do like the fall lever on the Ocea?

brn2surf1000 likes this.
  11. semipro

semipro Senior Member

Aguaholik,thank you for your time and good information

aquaholik likes this.
  12. brn2surf1000

brn2surf1000 Member

I fished it this past trip and it’s Deff a little weird to get used to. I use my thumb more then anything to make subtle stops of the jig and or to slow it down in general. The lever obviously does that for you but requires you to use you’re right hand. I use my left thumb. Other then that the reel is as smooth and powerful as expected. Looking forward to fishing them a lot more

rocketsurgeon likes this.
  13. rocketsurgeon

rocketsurgeon Junior member

Thanks, I can see where the ergonomics come into play.

brn2surf1000 likes this.
  14. ifish

ifish Active Member

Thank you for your time and service, Aguaholik.

brn2surf1000 and aquaholik like this.
  15. OceanDevil

OceanDevil Active Member

My Friend,

Life does happen and all I can do is thank you for your efforts and honest opinion.
    You know how they say.. better late than never. I appreciate the time you took to see this through and you are a man of your word so for that I'm grateful.

As for the review itself, We all know the Fishing industry has many brands and competition.
    In my opinion HR and Tokayo PE lines are not only good braids when you buy them but also after a long period of time, (I'm using the same braid for over a year and still solid).

I believe the braid has somewhat passed the review in an overall good impression all but the price. So what I can do, is do my best in the next few months to reduces the price to a much more competitive level, and then we should get the ultimate deal on a solid braid.

My target price will be 38$ (currently $49.90) for 300M that's a 20% deduction.

I will revert when I have accomplished this.

Till then thank you all and thank you, Brian.

Tokayo PE 3 test is to be done in the next month as well.

Cheers,

Daniel From www.oceandevil.com

brn2surf1000 and JiggaPleez like this.
  16. iyaman

iyaman Senior Member

Dan, I sent you a PM.

17. aquaholik

aquaholik Member

Ok tested Tokyo PE 3 and Tokyo Fire PE 2:

Tokyo PE 2 and 3.jpg

Took 2 months to get here after I thought it was lost in the mail.

Did 3 ABS test with the PE 2 : 33.2,32.55,33.65 for an average of 33.13 lbs.
    Line mass was 21 mg/ft for an S/W of 1.58
    One PR knot at 31.70 lbs ---> 95.6%

Did 2 ABS test of PE 3 : 47.00 , 45.30 for an average of 46.15 lbs
    Line mass was 30.00 mg/ft for an S/W of 1.54

I didn't do the PR test on the PE 3 since it's fairly predictable and both line's S/W is nearly identical and they should be since it's the same materials. For the ABS test, I did increase the pull rate to see if I can get the claimed ABS of 42lbs and 53 lbs. Didn't make a difference.

Video will be up once I edit it.

PS: Heartrise PE 3 has S/W of 1.98 so it's a better line than Tokyo PE line.

iyaman, Cubeye and jshorty like this.
  18. OceanDevil

OceanDevil Active Member

Hey guys!,

Hope everyone is doing well and that you're keeping safe,
    As promised we have taken the time to develop a new super strong, reliable and affordable PE line made for slow pitch, our objective was a high quality braid which is cost effective.
    So I'm Happy to present the Silk Ocean Premium PE line by OceanDevil.com

In my previous post i mentioned that i have set a goal to reduce the price of a 300M spool from 49.90 to under 40$, This Braid is now being sold for $44.90 but for group members im giving 10% OFF in order to get under $40 for 300M spool making it one sweet deal at 7.4 cents per meter!

USE DISCOUNT CODE: 360TUNA at check out to apply for the braid.
    Get the Braid only on www.oceandevil.com

These are the line specs:

PE Size Braid Diameter Max Drag Spool Options
    1.0 0.13 mm 9 kg 300M
    2.0 0.21 mm 19 kg 300M,600M,1200M
    2.5 0.23 mm 22kg 300M,600M,1200M
    3.0. 0.27 mm 25 kg. 300M,600M,1200M
    4.0. 0.30 mm 32 kg. 600M, 1200M
    6.0 0.41 mm. 40 kg 600M, 1200M

A bit about the braid:
    Silk Ocean PE line, an OceanDevil development of the finest quality of Japanese 8 strand fibers, with cutting edge technology that delivers the lowest braid diameter with the highest drag test on the market at an affordable price. The Silk Ocean is an Eight-strand braided PE thread with smoothness and sensitivity Made of super-eight-strand weaving technology, it is made by a wire-reinforced process. The fiber is solid and even, achieving ultra-low stretch, showing high tensile performance, smooth surface coating, and improved wear resistance. With smoothness, sensitivity, and ultra-low ductility! The Braid is designed for Slow Pitch Jigging, the unique design of the braid allows the angler to deliver the rod pitch movements in unmatched accuracy, you pitch, the braid reacts and delivers the movement clearly without observing water and unnecessary stretch. Silk Ocean is designed with five color patterns that change every 10 meters.

Made In Japan
    ORDER HERE: CLIKE

Silk Ocean.png