360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of these with NO problems and one that is all &$#@#$# up. It grinds and squeaks and.....

Anyone know of a place to get good reliable service in the new england/northeast area? I'd be happy to ship it somewhere if need be, but I relly want it overhauled and really checked out. I love the reels, but this one has been a pain. Thanks.

·
969 Posts
Sent it to Alantani.

My local Penn dealer/authorized repair facility stopped fixing Penn's (Hillyer's in Niantic CT)

Those 975's were a poor product for Penn. I was one of the first suckers who bought the 975LD for $299, only to have i the internals rust out in a short period of time.

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll try Alan. love the reel, but it feels like someone filled with with BBs and they are just rolling around in there. Think it's worth fixing??

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may try them, but I had a bad experience there before, so thought maybe elsewhere. It is close though and everyone swears by them.

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you don't want another winter project? You apparently didn't see my post about trying to change the drag washers on my saragosa....YES, I AM THAT BAD!! In the past, I'd just throw out the reel and get a new one, but I've been trying to buy better stuff, so I figured I shouldn't do that anymore. Any idea what it would cost for a complete overhaul??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts