360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
4 Posts
Great video, Just out of curiosity are you left handed or did you change the handle on the stella so you get used to jigging on one side of your body with the same hands.

·
Tuna Club member
879 Posts
Great video Josh! I think one thing many new jiggers struggle with is the notion of lifting the rod and cranking up at the same time.

This is a great slow-mo view of the right way to do it! Should help a lot of people.

Thanks!

·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great video, Just out of curiosity are you left handed or did you change the handle on the stella so you get used to jigging on one side of your body with the same hands.

I am right handed mate, I know a lot of right handed guys prefer to jig with their strong arm on the rod and the left arm on the reel but due to injury i can't do this. My right arm is full of 10 pins and a 100mm long steel plate holding it together and hurts like buggery if i try to jig with my right arm on the rod. My left wrist also had 6 pins holding it together but they have been removed a while ago so it doesn't hurt....much :D

cheers,
Josh

·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Josh is a great angler and jigger, h has done some amazing work. welcome to the site Josh

Cheers bro!, looking forward to March/April man, its gonna be sick!!! :D

·
1,366 Posts
Josh,

Thanks for posting the link to that video. Its very helpful in learning how to get the proper jigging rhythm.

Ty

·
1,579 Posts
great vid. it took me awhile to learn how to get the correct rhythm myself
glad you could share to others

·
164 Posts
Thanks, Josh. Love to see fish being jigged within sight of land. The only fishing I got to do was out of Nelson, and that was a long time back. Hope to get back again sometime...

Drew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts