Inexpensive tackle back=pack

Discussion in 'Fish Species and Techniques' started by SkeeterRonnie, Mar 30, 2007.

1. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

2. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

That is a nice back pack. IMO, one of the best tackle boxes for the money is a plastic tool box.
    * cheap (usually < $20) and widely available
    * Built tough to handle the weight of tools -- Ive got 50-60# of jigs, hooks, sinkers, etc. in mine
    * water resistant to help ward of deckhands with a deck hose, sea spray, or rain shower.

3. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

I agree that there are quality bags -outside of the fishing industry- that work for jig bags and tackle carriers.

My brother got me away from an old metal tool box and showed me that the new heavy duty nylon bags were lighter and just as tough.

Here's one from a local hardware store:

Tool bag

4. fishr1989

fishr1989 Senior Member

I picked up a Craftsman tool bag at a flea market for $2. you could probably put #50 of jigs in it and not hurt it in the least. :D

5. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

I picked up a Craftsman tool bag at a flea market for $2. you could probably put #50 of jigs in it and not hurt it in the least. :D
    Until someone tries to unwittingly pick it up! :eek:

6. jureal

jureal Senior Member

I got mine at Harbor Freight. It is ideal when you have to fly. Folds up and the tackle goes in with the clothes.

7. fishr1989

fishr1989 Senior Member

Until someone tries to unwittingly pick it up! :eek:

good point! it'll hurt them, but not the bag! :rolleyes: