Incredible aerial photos

Discussion in 'Pelagics' started by Capt. Dom, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Capt. Dom

Capt. Dom Site Sponsor

Hi guys,

I am going to Wayne's studio over in Wakefield, RI on Saturday, if anyone wants to join me they can get a real good look in person of his amazing art(photos). I will be picking up a framed 18x24 of #9 of his tuna series. He has some amazing photos available, a great christmas gift for your favorite angler(or Capt.;) )

You can check out his stuff at Ocean Aerials - Wayne Davis

2. gman

gman Senior Member

His photos are amazing Dom thanks for posting, the tuna formations are very interesting to see from above and the shark photos got my blood pumping

3. Capt. Dom

Capt. Dom Site Sponsor

His photos are amazing Dom thanks for posting, the tuna formations are very interesting to see from above and the shark photos got my blood pumping

I wont be so quick to dismiss baskers anymore either....did you see the one with the bluefin following?:eek:

The hunting formation is sick, seing all those wakes behind them stirring up the water, while the water in front of them is still.

The photos online dont do them any justice whatsoever...you gotta see the real deal in person to truely appreciate.

4. gman

gman Senior Member

I wont be so quick to dismiss baskers anymore either....did you see the one with the bluefin following?:eek:

The hunting formation is sick, seing all those wakes behind them stirring up the water, while the water in front of them is still.

The photos online dont do them any justice whatsoever...you gotta see the real deal in person to truely appreciate.

ow funny thats exactly what I thought was how many times we ignored basking sharks while casting. Really love his work

5. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

Dom,
    One of the best bites we had in morehead two years ago was thoroughly mixed with baskers and other sharks. I lost three planers that day to sharks.

6. YellowSno

YellowSno Member

wow love the pictures... thanks for posting them up... didnt know great whites frequent the area

7. John_Madison CT

John_Madison CT Senior Member

Wow, it's easy pickin's for those stick boats when they have a spotter plane finding the fish.

8. JFLORES

JFLORES Senior Member

Awesome pictures.....Guys somthing very interesting, notice how on all the
    tuna shots there's 2 or 3 fish breaking the surface but most are under the surface, and are all facing the same direction.

Thats why its good to cast even to 1 busting or boiling tuna, because there
    are many under the surface, and also be aware of which direction the tuna is
    going. I have known this for a while and i think its helped me with my success
    and the pictures has proved it.

Very nice Dom, thanks for sharing.

9. Aminal

Aminal Junior member

Great shots.I'd love to go,but am otherwise committed.:(

10. wellcraft26

wellcraft26 Senior Member

those photos are awsome- the formations & schools are beyond what you'd normaly see,.

11. Tattoo's Tackle

Tattoo's Tackle Junior member

Christmas Gift

Dom, I'm sure whatever you choose for your favorite wooden plug maker will be appropriate. When you drop it off I'll even let you pick out a place where I should hang it. :)

12. JfishKing

JfishKing Senior Member

Thanks man... that was really great i looked at every single picture on his site. Some really really awesome photos... Greatstuff.

13. cvye

cvye Senior Member

to think he's from Wakefield! I drive by his house 2x daily!
    I'll have to give him a call...I want the hunting formation shot...velociraptors have nuthin' on those tunas...

14. DenisB

DenisB Senior Member

Wow what a wonderful portfolio.
    We run a spotter plane for our fishing operations in Oz and a good chunk of lifetime on the water has resulted in a bunch of neat sights.............but nothing that compares to that portfolio.