IKE pics from clearlake marina

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by LEXPRO, Sep 20, 2008.

1. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

I took these when Tufan and i went to check on his boat... it was ugly.

Attached Files:

2. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Man that make me sick to see all of that destruction.. Thanks for posting the pics.. I really feel bad for the folks that lost so much..

How did Tufan's boat fare the storm??

3. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

Not good, the fountain with all the holes in it is his. The cables even cut into it like a cheese slicer near the helm. The crazy thing that i cant figure out is that the boat behind his was perfectly upside down in its lift, how could that happen?

4. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Not good, the fountain with all the holes in it is his. The cables even cut into it like a cheese slicer near the helm. The crazy thing that i cant figure out is that the boat behind his was perfectly upside down in its lift, how could that happen?

I would imagine that the water level rose enough to float the boat off of the lift, while the wind and water swamped then rolled it... thats the only way I could figure..

sorry to hear about the damage to his boat..

5. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I was sent this picture today from a guy in the oil business. They were flying to check out a few of their rigs. They are missing the platform off of one rig. :eek: It's gone with some of pipe legs still showing. That will be a new grouper hole for sure as the whole platform is now on the bottom.

Along the flight on the helicopter, they ran across this platform that didn't fair Ike very well.

Attached Files:

6. rtran

rtran Senior Member

wow that thing is totally destroyed