ICAST DAY 1

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by ewdi, Jul 16, 2008.

1. ewdi

ewdi Administrator

Everol coming out with a potentials the ultimate 2-speed jigging reel,
    with feature that rival star drag reels plus 40 plus pound of drag out
    of the box. I will stop by Everol booth tomorrow to get more detail.

ZeeBaas feature their light weight spinning reel that have features
    that will put Shimano Stella, Daiwa Saltiga and an Accurate to shame.
    ZX 27 is capable of 40lb of drag, interchangeable bail to bail less, 4
    different size interchangeable spools.

Tica is coming out with their own jigging reel, it looks good, nice
    handle and narrow body. I really hope this isn't another Jig hunter
    reel that looks good but destroyed by one black fin.

Braid coming out with soft plastic baits that has wings, just like flying fish.

Attached Files:

2. ewdi

ewdi Administrator

Another one

Attached Files:

3. ewdi

ewdi Administrator

More photos

Attached Files:

4. bulllred

bulllred Senior Member

I like those invisible sinkers, how much do they weight?

5. bulllred

bulllred Senior Member

Just found out about the invisible sinkers. Not cheap and not heavy either. Check out this website. Naples Tackle

6. getsome

getsome Guest

Wow, those are some cool looking reels.
    That 2 speed looks awesome.
    Money is tight right now, so please don't post any more photos of tackle that I'll want to buy...

7. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

is that a harness lug on the ZeeBaas reel? up by the foot.

8. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

is that a harness lug on the ZeeBaas reel? up by the foot.

No. It's a hook holder. I don't know why every manufacturer doesn't put one on their reels. Some of those fishing reel engineers must not fish. I hate and refuse to put a hook on one of my guides. On a spinner, I either put it on the handle near the knob or on the stem of the reel.

If you are rig hopping and see no need to change your current setup, placing the hook into a specific device such as the one on the Zeebaas is perfect. If you have a jig tied on, those shimano cocoons are life savers. It keeps the jig from banging against your new reel or rod. In rough seas, I've seen a guy's new reel look like someone hit a hundred times with a little ball pen hammer.:eek: Protect your expensive equipment. It only takes a few seconds before you take off.

As far as the Zeebaas, I still haven't ordered one. He keeps improving them. The owner is very particular. I also found out that there is a three month waiting period. The quality is there but I'm in no hurry and will wait another year until the owner is satisfied with a final product.:D

Zeebaas is a small high quality shop. Only three employees. They put out about a dozen reels a week. I really like the way he makes his bail. I will be buying a bail model, as I fish from boats. Surf guys love the bail less models.

9. Mike S

Mike S Junior member

I was wondering if Rob give you any indication of when he was going to start producing the bailed Zeebaas? I ordered one a few weeks ago and I have heard everything from a few months to a year.

10. feeder

feeder Senior Member

Thanks for the pics. They got some nice looking gear there, well except for the Braid flying fish. Those look pretty lame to me but who knows they might catch fish.

Those sinkers just look like they're made of acrylic.

Keep posting them pics.

11. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I was wondering if Rob give you any indication of when he was going to start producing the bailed Zeebaas? I ordered one a few weeks ago and I have heard everything from a few months to a year.

I understand some of the bailed models have been shipped. Be patient. Just give Rob a call in a month or so. He seems to be a nice guy and will answer your questions. If fact, if he didn't have to answer the phone so much, the reels would probably fly out the door faster. He also came out with a knife. I'm sure EDWI saw it at ICAST.

Here's a couple of pics of why the Zeebaas hook holder would be nice on every spinning reel. There are different ways of placing your hook or weighted rig. I'll dig into some pictures I have to see if I can find some more
    examples.

Attached Files: