ICAST 2009 Orlando

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by MrBill, May 9, 2009.

1. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Has anybody ever gone to an ICAST show as an attendee?
    It's in Orlando this year. July 15-17th.
    Is it worth the trip?
    How many days should a person plan of staying in Orlando to walk the whole fishing show?

2. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Has anybody ever gone to an ICAST show as an attendee?
    It's in Orlando this year. July 15-17th.
    Is it worth the trip?
    How many days should a person plan of staying in Orlando to walk the whole fishing show?
    Yes, it is worth the trip as I am selling tackles now, but it is not worth if big bluefin bites are good off Cape May, NJ. :)

3. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Yes, it is worth the trip as I am selling tackles now, but it is not worth if big bluefin bites are good off Cape May, NJ. :)

Now, why doesn't that answer surprise me.:)

4. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

I had every intention of going mainly to see the diawa booth and the new reels they might have, but I signed up to run an out of town boat for the Barta Tournament, so I will be lucky if I can make it for day 1. I would have to go to the show, leave and go straight to Beaufort on Thursday and be ready to run the boat for Friday fishing. At this point I'm a Definite Maybe, especially if the crew wants to prefish on Thursday.

5. anglerinshore

anglerinshore Member

Have not been in the past, but i am planning on being there.

6. gman

gman Senior Member

I will be there Mr Bill I would love to grab a drink or two or three with you

7. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Sounds good. I haven't registered yet. Just thinking about it. If I go, I'll probably book a couple of swordfishing trips while I'm in the area.

8. gman

gman Senior Member

Sounds good. I haven't registered yet. Just thinking about it. If I go, I'll probably book a couple of swordfishing trips while I'm in the area.

this could be a trip for the ages I have all the contacts down there. But Im warning you I like to drink a little LOL Either way it would be great to finally meet you. Im working teh show so i will be there

9. red34

red34 Guest

It makes me sick (in a good way) how much fishing and how many places you get to go!!! I tried fishing for a living and it certainly didn't pan out for me the way it has for you. I'm jealous!!!

My guidance counselor DID NOT point me down the right path!!!

10. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Mr.Bill, OTI will be at booth #1166, please come and see us.

11. Grifft

Grifft Senior Member

Since I live here in Tampa, I can't wait to go. Really interested in the new spinners rumored to be coming from Daiwa and Penn.

TG

12. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

The Penn Spinner has been in the works for 2 1/2 years. It will be interesting to see how they incorporate pleasing the surf guys and the popping/jigging guys with one reel. The surf market isn't near as large as the popping/jigging market, but they want an "Made in USA" Penn reel in their hands.

Personally, I don't ever dunk a reel as I fish from boats. The surf guys only trust a "Dunking" reel. They also don't like bails. I wish Penn good luck with their new reel. I firmly believe we need another "Made In USA" quality spinning reel to compete with the Stella's and Saltiga's. The Far East manufacturers are a tough competitor in the spinning reel market. Penn is going to introduce the new reel at ICAST.

13. Grifft

Grifft Senior Member

The Penn Spinner has been in the works for 2 1/2 years. It will be interesting to see how they incorporate pleasing the surf guys and the popping/jigging guys with one reel. The surf market isn't near as large as the popping/jigging market, but they want an "Made in USA" Penn reel in their hands.

Personally, I don't ever dunk a reel as I fish from boats. The surf guys only trust a "Dunking" reel. They also don't like bails. I wish Penn good luck with their new reel. I firmly believe we need another "Made In USA" quality spinning reel to compete with the Stella's and Saltiga's. The Far East manufacturers are a tough competitor in the spinning reel market. Penn is going to introduce the new reel at ICAST.

Mr. Bill -- I hear you.

I'm told the Penn Spinner will be called the Torque Spinning Reel. To please the surf and boat markets, I hope Penn comes out with a "bail-less" option, sort of what Shimano has with the Saragosa and Spheros reels.

Tom