360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got bored as I don't go fishing recently due to work.
So I tried to break a 250g Black Hole jigging rod with my hand, but I couldn't. [email protected] I admint I broke many brand new or new custom rods by doing it, but I failed this time. :)

The new rods/blanks made of new carbon materials could evolutionize rod/blank concepts in the future.

We are going to see those super strong jigging/popping rods from next year. However, I forsee the markets of those rods/blanks are not limited to jigging and popping.

American rod manufacturers will be the last ones to jump in as usual.

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kil,

is that a graphite 250g ? I landed a tuna on 250g and
that is now my favorite 'go to' rod

The new carbon materials are much softer and flexible than graphite.
It is general tendency to get lighter once you get experience you can fight big tuna on lighter tackles. It is more fun.

·
830 Posts
evolution rods are solid neo-carbon and super skinny rod blank @ 10mm , my buddy jigs up some pretty nice AJs up and big grouper with it.

·
1,386 Posts
I got bored as I don't go fishing recently due to work.
So I tried to break a 250g Black Hole jigging rod with my hand, but I couldn't. [email protected] I admint I broke many brand new or new custom rods by doing it, but I failed this time. :)

The new rods/blanks made of new carbon materials could evolutionize rod/blank concepts in the future.

We are going to see those super strong jigging/popping rods from next year. However, I forsee the markets of those rods/blanks are not limited to jigging and popping.

Kil,

Nice rod, but you need to go fishing ...

PF

·
Spinal Rods
777 Posts

Not if I have anything to do with it Kil. Jesse and I were essentialy jigging 5lbs on a 300g rod. I also been taking weight and pointing the rod straight up and swinging weight, bending with hands, picking up objects, etc. Bordem is a killer with no fishing, but it gives me time to release rods soon.

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kil, you need to jump on that Intrepid trip 1-12-10,
They will be hunting big un's
I just read Intrepid report by Wahoodad and current reports by the Excel which is fishing in lower bank. Don't make a few nice pictures deceive you. :)
For cow in lower Baja, You have to be at the right time at the right place.

·
2,924 Posts
is it just the camera angle.......or is even the grip flexing on that thing?

Most parabolic rods will bend back into the foregrip without issue

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
is it just the camera angle.......or is even the grip flexing on that thing?
Grip flexes. I feel my grip is moving. :)

·
373 Posts
I remember John from Madison doing that with a 400G and the rod exploded with a huge BANG! Why does everyone want to bend rods until they break??? Doesn't tell me anything and just ends up breaking the rod eventually??? Cool pic though. June cannot come any faster.

·
Randy Bassinga
1,407 Posts
I remember John from Madison doing that with a 400G and the rod exploded with a huge BANG! Why does everyone want to bend rods until they break??? Doesn't tell me anything and just ends up breaking the rod eventually??? Cool pic though. June cannot come any faster.

Because he is obviously bored and so am I, could be a laugh

1 - 20 of 51 Posts