360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few 2-piece OTI rods that I have built myself and a couple other rods that need a protective sleeve or sock so I can carry them on the airplane while traveling. Where can I get a few of these that will fit a butt jointed rod? They need to be big enough for spinning guides.

The 1 OTI sleeve I do have is very tight on the spinning reel guides. Is this normal, or do I maybe have one made for a conventional rod?

·
5,457 Posts
Mudhole, or Jigging Master. You might Pm Minnow(TJ) and ask if he has some extra's. All else fails get a gun or bow sock for your 2 piece and short rods.

d-a

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A gun sock is a good idea. I never thought of that.

I see the ones they have at Mudhole and they're reasonably priced, I just hate ordering something like that online due to the fact that these aren't normally sized 2-piece rods. The ones that are long enough for the tip section are generally for 1 piece rods, which most likely won't be wide enough for a 2-piece spinning.

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
you might see if you can order the sock that comes with the tuna sniper. I just got mine in and the sock has 2 slots, one for the butt section and one for the top.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts