I Need Some Rod Socks for Traveling

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by red34, Feb 1, 2009.

1. red34

red34 Guest

I have a few 2-piece OTI rods that I have built myself and a couple other rods that need a protective sleeve or sock so I can carry them on the airplane while traveling. Where can I get a few of these that will fit a butt jointed rod? They need to be big enough for spinning guides.

The 1 OTI sleeve I do have is very tight on the spinning reel guides. Is this normal, or do I maybe have one made for a conventional rod?

2. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Mudhole, or Jigging Master. You might Pm Minnow(TJ) and ask if he has some extra's. All else fails get a gun or bow sock for your 2 piece and short rods.

d-a

3. red34

red34 Guest

A gun sock is a good idea. I never thought of that.

I see the ones they have at Mudhole and they're reasonably priced, I just hate ordering something like that online due to the fact that these aren't normally sized 2-piece rods. The ones that are long enough for the tip section are generally for 1 piece rods, which most likely won't be wide enough for a 2-piece spinning.

4. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

you might see if you can order the sock that comes with the tuna sniper. I just got mine in and the sock has 2 slots, one for the butt section and one for the top.

5. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

You can not find better rod sleeves than JM's, but they are upto 5'4" rods.