I just bought a Cabo 80 PTs...

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Bruce100m, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Bruce100m

Bruce100m Guest

I just bought a Cabo 80 PTs...with Daiwa Saltiga Spinning Jig Rods SA-JG60MHFS, did not fit. I had to return the Rod via UPS. Thinking about Boca PTs Offshore Jiggin' Spinning Rods BCS60-325. Would this fit the Cabo 80 PTs? I called the Quantum customer service, they said it should fit but just making sure, cause I don't want to have to send it back again. Your response greatly appreciated.

2. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

welcome to 360tuna.

Majority of jigging rods will have size 22 reel seat which is not going to fit on Cabo PT reel and Penn 9500ssm and Torque reel.

Look for rod with size 24 reel seat. JMO

3. Bruce100m

Bruce100m Guest

Any recommendation on jigging rods that will fit Cabo 80 PTs all the way in? Or anybody out there currently using Cabo 80 PTs, what kind of jigging rods you guys using? And what kind of jigging rods are there that has size 24 reel seat? Thanks in advance.

4. BAOSABI

BAOSABI Senior Member

Any recommendation on jigging rods that will fit Cabo 80 PTs all the way in? Or anybody out there currently using Cabo 80 PTs, what kind of jigging rods you guys using? And what kind of jigging rods are there that has size 24 reel seat? Thanks in advance.

OTI 5'8" 600g. offcorse. I also have friends that use the Shimano Trevala F TFS58XXH and it seems to work fine. I'n not sure what size the reel seats are on either rod.

5. Bruce100m

Bruce100m Guest

Thanks for the response, Minnow and BAOSABI.