360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a potential cod killer jig while fishing with Korean TV host, Shin in Oct. Shin used the jig while fishing together and I didn't pay much attention to the jigs. But it caught my eyes when he caught many varieties of fishes on the jig in Panama. Capt Macho of Panama was impressed too. Shin even got a hit from marlin with the jig in Korea. It should be good for any bottom fishes including grouper.
I can't wait to test the jig for grouper in Panama in Dec and cod in winter.

·
434 Posts
Very interesting, it looks pretty deadly. How many grams is that jig? I'm sure that you'll have them in stock in no time...

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very interesting, it looks pretty deadly. How many grams is that jig? I'm sure that you'll have them in stock in no time...
Of course, I ordered them. As I promised, I am constantly in search of quality lures for other fishermen.

Enoch had two - three hookups of big bluefin on Nature Boys's Swim Rider jigs before other fishermen got bites. So I ordered Nature Boys's Swim Rider jigs which will arrive in early January.
I observed Travis had bluefin on Labo jigs while other guys didn't hit. So I had to order Labo jigs. Labo jigs are coming in 10 days.

·
2,753 Posts
Kilsong,
This is a great find and I believe will be one of the most popular and diversely used jigs for bottom bouncing. The type of jig has an action that can be used at high speed as well as slow retrieve. I believe the darting action and yo-yo is best for seabass as I have had success before with it. I should have gone to NC grouper fishing with you that time. I can't wait to try for cod as well.

Swim Rider Short has the action of flow decend as it is made more of aluminum then of lead. This is a jig that allows you to stay in the strike zone with enticing action longer.

Also, another newer jig that is the hype in Japan.

Another nagamasa style kingfish/yellowtail jig with extra special treat.

Kil, please bring these two to your next trip.

·
3,718 Posts
How much does that jig weigh Kil?
I might have to give one of those a try.I fish cod all winter Commercially. looks interesting.

I'll bet the bluefin would like that big silver jig at the bottom of the pics enoch posted. What is that one?

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I might have to give one of those a try.I fish cod all winter Commercially. looks interesting.

I'll bet the bluefin would like that big silver jig at the bottom of the pics enoch posted. What is that one?
They make 200g and 300g which are right weights for cod.

·
5,457 Posts

The big silver one is a Nagamasa

d-a

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think having that kind of shape with a lighter mass metal like aluminum would be absolute killer.
You have a good observation as jigs with lighter metal might flutters better to entice bites.

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kil will you be carrying the Hots Otoko and Debutan Jigs
I am seriously considering to carry them as Shin told me Otoko is number one jig among Hots' jigs in Korea and Debutan jigs look good.
I can not carry all jigs, but I'd like to introduce as many quality jigs as possible. Here are another Korean jigs. They looks great for tuna, but I'll decide whether I carry or not after I test them extensively.

another picture of the Typoon jig.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts