I am in bad mood.

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by ksong, Jul 2, 2009.

1. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

You guys know I posted " 337 lbs tuna on a popper today !! here and a few other sites as I was excited.
    but I got negative comments questioning the size of fish on one site and evetually the administrator erased my post and edited like this.

Looks like product and guide advertising
    Smells like advertising

You want to post a report about a trip you were on..maybe... but stop promoting your tackle and and your guide.

I just said I got a phone call from Capt Dom and the fish is 337 lbs as you read the same on 360tuna I copied and pasted.
    Apparently the mention of rod used and reel used are regarded as product advertisement and mention of Capt Dom is also regarded as advertisement.

I lost my words what to say. All I could say to him was I promote jigging and popping, not my shop or Capt Dom.

I hope I catch a big tuna on a popper tomorrow to negate my bad mood. :)

2. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

Wow.

If you didnt mention which boat, which rod, which reel, what line, what popper, which angler in your post you would have made that one admin happy.

BUT, from that point on everyone and their mothers would have asked you for all those things anyhow.

thanks for posting all those infos.

3. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

That is BS. I have had problems like this before when I was just trying to help someone out. I spoke about an AVET that I owned and the admin deleted my post. (You can probably guess which site) I reposted thinking maybe I didnt hit submit and after 10 min it was gone again. I don't post on that site anymore.

These types of reasons are why 360tuna is my preference.

4. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

That's sorry as h$#!! I guess thats why we are here on 360tuna

5. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

Kil,
    When you catch your 300lb plus tuna please PM me all the details.
    I promise I won't delete it........

Kev

6. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Kil,
    When you catch your 300lb plus tuna please PM me all the details.
    I promise I won't delete it........

Kev
    Are you sure you can promise ? :)
    I don't have any hard feeling toward them, but I am wondering what makes them to think like that. when they were questioning size of tuna, I told them the site is the only site not to congratulate the catch and question the size of fish. Maybe the administrator didnt' like my comment. :)

7. Jason4606

Jason4606 Tuna Club member

I guess I'm a little naive... Where would somebody have such an axe to grind to do something like that.

Knowing how much you help others and keep things NON-commercial, there must be something other than just stupidity behind it.

Honestly, I'd like to know.

8. north coast

north coast Senior Member

I saw that Kil, right after you posted it. I must say that I was A little shocked when he deleted your post. I've been around that site for a long time and this was very unusual.It was also unusual how some of the members jumped on the post with negative comments.I don't know what happened. all I can think of is that this weather,and not being able to get out and fish has got everybodys panties in a bunch.I wouldn't let this one incident sour you on the site though. there are a bunch of good guys there. I,for one, would miss your posts there,they are always informative,thought provoking, interesting and helpfull.I'm certain there are others that feel the same.

By the way,How many of those guys can say they landed a 80 plus in. fish on a freakin spinning rod! Bravo to that Capt. and crew. Well done.

I hope you get one tomorrow too.:)

9. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Read there posting rules... Its their site and they can do anything they want!!!
    Forums IMO should filtered but public...to a degree.

I really dislike that forum! I have never posted there for a reason.

10. gman

gman Senior Member

What site was it? If u don't mind me asking. That fish was absolutely amazing and they deserve all the accolades they get

11. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

someone pm me the site your talking about! im curious on this matter. i understand about advertising and fairness to the companies that contribute money for advertising but come on already. we all want to know what tackle was used, whereat, and who with.

12. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I saw that Kil, right after you posted it. I must say that I was A little shocked when he deleted your post. I've been around that site for a long time and this was very unusual.It was also unusual how some of the members jumped on the post with negative comments.I don't know what happened. all I can think of is that this weather,and not being able to get out and fish has got everybodys panties in a bunch.I wouldn't let this one incident sour you on the site though. there are a bunch of good guys there. I,for one, would miss your posts there,they are always informative,thought provoking, interesting and helpfull.I'm certain there are others that feel the same.

By the way,How many of those guys can say they landed a 80 plus in. fish on a freakin spinning rod! Bravo to that Capt. and crew. Well done.

I hope you get one tomorrow too.:)

Initially I joined the site just to get information about bluefin tuna as the site is in New England. But I feel I had to post something as many information they discussed are biased and very subjective in my opinion. It looked they are in their own world. I cautiously approached to give my opinions on several subjects as I feel it is important to give right information for guys who start jigging and popping to save their time and money.
    I wish they asked technical questions what the angler used and how he fought.
    Some sent me PMs to support me and even guys who gave negative comments sent me PMs to appologize.

13. Boston Tangler

Boston Tangler Site Sponsor

Catch em up Kil. Another #300+ would be sweet - if not ask Dom to take you to the same place for Breakfast. Also I think the Cape Cod lobster is better than Cape May - meat is sweeter.

I hope other boat that left same time we did got back OK - didn't hear any reports from that group - I imagine it was pretty unfishable out there.

14. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Catch em up Kil. Another #300+ would be sweet - if not ask Dom to take you to the same place for Breakfast. Also I think the Cape Cod lobster is better than Cape May - meat is sweeter.

I hope other boat that left same time we did got back OK - didn't hear any reports from that group - I imagine it was pretty unfishable out there.
    Angelo, Yong and Willie came to my office and just left.
    I couldn't finish some work. If I finish it by midnight, I'll drive alone and join them.

I heard the other boat came back by noon. It must be pretty nasty today.

15. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Kil,
    That stinks to he!!

16. rtran

rtran Senior Member

if they are not interested let it be.
    those that want to know will eventually find out one way or another

17. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Hi Randy,

That is one of the reasons I'd like to set up my own message boards to discuss any products. :)
    I'll send you an e-mail in a few days.

18. BAOSABI

BAOSABI Senior Member

What kind fishing report would it be without all the details. I guess it would be something like this. "Hi, my name is John Smith and I caught a 337lb Bluefin with a rod and reel on a boat in the ocean. Bye!"

Kil, we all enjoy reading about your adventures and learning your technics on the forum. Please continue on!

Bao

19. AndyP

AndyP Member

I welcome any descriptions of technique and tackle, including the effective lures in posts because I want to make the most of the time that I am on the water. We can all decide where we want to purchase gear and I want to be informed of my options. BFT fishing for me is not a competitive sport, but recreation, the opportunity to totally get away from the daily stuff and, yes a personal challenge if fortunate enough to hook up. There is no room in my pursuit of this magnificent species for any negativism.