360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cool: OK Guys this is my issue what are the advantages of the HooX over the LX
I know that the drag has increased in the Hoox ,but didn't they decrease the gear speed? I would also like to spool it up 100lb-130lb JB hallow core or even the pretty stuff from 360.I will be seeking advice from TJ on the proper rod to use.I will get the rod from 360(they know there stuff):cool:

·
1,321 Posts
I'd wait on the HooX. That whole situation has been so screwy I don't even thing Avet knows the specs of the reel.

·
Administrator
1,440 Posts
Why HooX? :p , Why not an Accurate 270 2-speed or 665 2-speed, or you can get Blue heaven jigging reel from 360tackle.com

Call me Joe, or stop by to check out the reel.

·
2,027 Posts
HooX isnt cracked up to what the previous ads said it would be... its a 4/0 sized reel... theres better options out there on 4/o sized reels. I consider the LX a 3/0.... McGolfer had a sweet little reel on an OTI rod at teh Bass Pro meeting. Undescribable..... just freakin SWEET!

·
663 Posts
Blue Heaven is the ultimate!! But that Accurate 870 2speed would be a really good reel too! Looking forward to seeing McGolfer's on the Cinco Trip.

Any chance he will bring a Blue Heaven?

Tom - DBG

·
1,321 Posts
I'm planning on getting that 665W 2spd when it comes out. Does the blue heaven come in a 2spd? Thats a sweet looking reel.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
My lx 2 speed locked up. When I broke it down found a desintigrated bearing @ handle. This reel is only 1 1/2 seasons old. The grease looked good and I could find no sign of salt intrusion. Sent to avet for repair. I really like the size of this reel but feel it's a little light for heavier yft.

Fathom

·
Administrator
1,440 Posts
Tom,

This is one of the nicest reel I ever get my hand on. If you see this reel in person, you will agree with me :).

How many do you need? 5 or 10 lol, UPS is open until 7:30 p.m:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts