Hooker Intruder

Discussion in 'Lure Building' started by killula, Nov 8, 2013.

1. killula

killula Senior Member

These are regarded as the best wahoo trolling lures ever created. The company Hooker went belly up around 2010 and these lures sold new for 60.00

Nowadays people are spending $150 or more for a single lure if they can be found in good condition. Since the lure is no longer being manufactured can someone build one like this or better? It has to troll right at up to 14 knots and use the highest quality components. wiring, swivels, wood, hooks, paint, resin, all have to be able to withstand big wahoo at high speed. The original was 10.5 inches.

The Intruder, I think works so well because it runs a little deeper, has better balance, a faster frequency wiggle, and tracks straight, without flipping up and to one side, even at 14 knots. As far as color, I think purple/black, and orange/black, both seem to work better than any other colors. Wahoo seem to be attracted to "swimming" lures, more than jet-heads.

Attached Files:

tugasangler and Gonefishings like this.
  2. killula

killula Senior Member

I contacted Joey at http://www.luremin.com/index.php
    He's going to try to make a few of these out of his bullet proof resin! Looking forward to seeing the results.

3. Gonefishings

Gonefishings Member

put me down for two.

4. killula

killula Senior Member

I told him the lure is patent so he needs to change it up by 10% to risk being sued. Make it 10 inches long, make it out of his bullet proof resin, add more holographic paint and use the strongest forged thru wiring, strongest swivels with forged rings, add his design on the eyeballs, give it a gill plate etc. Make it his own. Use the best 4x strong stainless steel hooks he could find. We can get a lure that will last! I just bought 4 of his wahoo rigs and his stuff, you can beat the head with a hammer and it won't leave a mark. I wish he could add that paint yozuri has with the sashimi color pattern before the resin coat. So it's one color one way and a different color from the back. Maybe a glow belly for the early bite. Joey has a degree in engineering so he will probably make this lure better then I can imagine up. If you seen his trolling lures, they look better then Black Barts and Bost.

Lastly I said to try and keep it under $100 or around $100.

5. Islandtime78

Islandtime78 New Member

For all the guys looking for the old "INTRUDER LURE" your wait is finally come to an end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My name is Greg Becker and for the last year I have resurrected that old lure. I have made the necessary changes and improved it in places.
    I had to wait for patent processes to be in place before I could launch my website.
    Here is the web address, go take a look and let me know what you think.
    WWW.AALURES.COM Eggplant Invader2.jpg Fire Tiger Invader.JPG Majestic Invader.jpg Tuna Invader.jpg

tossser lures likes this.
  6. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

Interesting.....................

7. BryanC

BryanC Senior Member

Is that through-wire construction on the AA Lures Invader? The line and hook connection points look like screw-eyes to me.

8. Islandtime78

Islandtime78 New Member

If you go to my website I show the tests that the lures go through, I pull the eyes at 220 lbs. in later tests the 8" invader pulls over 300 lbs. for 24 hrs. plus.
    www.aalures.com

9. killula

killula Senior Member

I'm 300 lbs send me one so I can hang off it.

10. brn2surf1000

brn2surf1000 Member

I'm 172 lbs is like to see a few of these as well...

philr21 likes this.
  11. tugasangler

tugasangler Well-Known Member

What's the word on these

12. Oberyn Martell

Oberyn Martell Active Member

2 years later ... are the AALURE is still in business ?

13. day0ne

day0ne Senior Member

The web site works

14. Basil

Basil Site Sponsor

JRI Custom lures purchased the rights and all associated molds/equipment for the original Hooker Intruder. At some point in the not too distant future, a date as yet undetermined, they will be back on the market available to all. Just have to be patient.