hook bonnets

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by ttt, May 12, 2009.

1. ttt

ttt Junior member

Does anyone know of a source for treble hook bonnets? I have a bunch of lures with the Owner 4/0 that I would like to cover. Thanks.

2. feeder

feeder Senior Member

Angler's Pro Shop carries those.

3. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

those are too small. you need the owner cultiva 2L for 3/0-5/0 hooks and 1.5L for 1/0-3/0 hooks. ebay everyonce in a while will have the 2L. kilsong was supposed to get some also

4. ttt

ttt Junior member

anglers proshop is out of the size I need.

5. jig

jig Senior Member

guys on ebay are out too. only have the 1.5 size.

6. day0ne

day0ne Senior Member

BassPro carries some sizes

7. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

you could also just cut some straws and save a few bucks, maybe buy more lures :)

8. ttt

ttt Junior member

you could also just cut some straws and save a few bucks, maybe buy more lures :)

How do you do that?

9. DanS

DanS Senior Member

How do you do that?

Bonnets are great if you can find them. Soft tubing (Glo fuel) from a hobby store works well, but are more time consuming. Use 1/2" or 3/4" piece over each point of the treble. Twist on; twist off.

[​IMG]

I would prefer bonnets, if available at a reasonable price and without international shipping.

10. Aggie82Josh

Aggie82Josh Senior Member

11. fishingeek

fishingeek Senior Member

12. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

It doesn't make any sense to me that Owner sells the 3/0 to 5/0 sized trebles here in the states, yet they only officially sell those 1.5L and 2L hook caps everywhere BUT here in the states...????? Did someone snooze at Owner Hook? LOL!!

13. Rooney

Rooney Member

How about ordering straight from Owner?

https://www.ownerhooks.com/catalog/
    I appreciate the heads up. I was just getting ready to order from overseas yesterday. Called owner a few minutes ago and ordered the large size. :)

14. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

the L size doesn't fit 3/0 to 5/0 sized hooks... you need the 1.5L or 2L size for that...

15. Rooney

Rooney Member

the L size doesn't fit 3/0 to 5/0 sized hooks... you need the 1.5L or 2L size for that...
    You are correct, I just got off the phone with owner and it won't fit the 3/0 to 5/0 hooks. I got lucky, they had a few laying around that they will ship to me. I was told if we ask for them, they will carry them.

16. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

So Owner USA will carry them if we ask them to?

17. Rooney

Rooney Member

So Owner USA will carry them if we ask them to?
    That's what I was told. If there is a demand they will carry them. So, get on the horn and call them Monday.

18. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

Sweet! I'll be pestering them about it!! I've been looking for those 2L size for awhile now, and I know lots of guys on here are looking for them as well.