Homemade Underwater Lights

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by STx Fisherman, Dec 13, 2007.

1. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

2. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

That's so cool, It makes me want to make one. Too bad i got no boat to stick it to

3. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

as long as we don't sink it in the process, we can use mine
    for a prototype platform.......:D

4. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

did you get an email from Charlie about making glow sticks out of mountain dew, baking soda, and hyd peroxide??? havent tried it yet.... hang a few of those off the boat for green lights.. :)

5. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Those look really cool..... I will get a pair when I finish refitting the hardlicker...

6. ALW

ALW Senior Member

I use LED scuba lights when I walk, gigging flounder. They run all night on 4 C cells. A green lense might be better for distance and attracting fish. I made a green lite out of a 40 watt floresent bulb and a 12 volt inverter from a rv store. Put that in a clear plastic tube and it works well. Lot more lite than you get from a store bought one.

7. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

Skeeter...that was a hoax.

8. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

did you get an email from Charlie about making glow sticks out of mountain dew, baking soda, and hyd peroxide??? havent tried it yet.... hang a few of those off the boat for green lights.. :)
    Skeeter, Just take some Mentos and put them in your mountain dew. They will glow bright asa hell for a bit...;)

9. capn_billl

capn_billl Junior member

After looking at swim platform/transom lights at the local marine supply >$1000.00. I went to home depot and purchased the same lights for about $40.00 in their pond section and mounted on the top of the trim tabs. This is out of the water when planing. The lights are encased in plastic and I used stainless brackets/screws to mount. They have been installed for several months now with no problems.