Holy Cow.... Or should I say Accurate 50 Twin Spin

Discussion in 'Reels' started by fishordie, Nov 14, 2008.

1. fishordie

fishordie Senior Member

G'day all,

Well it has taken me a few days but I finally put 550 Yds of Jerry Brown 100 # Hollow spectra on not one but two spools for my new Accurate 50 Twin Spin. To say this thing is a beast would be an understatement of the first magnitude. We will be finishing a couple of Thunder Down Under's to go with this Reel as well as one for a conventional 50 size rig to be used by someone hopefully taller than me to see if our Gravitationally challenged friends can use the rail easier on their conventionals. I hope we find out next week on the Willy/Wahoodad charter.

Tomorrow I will try and post pictures of the entire rig but right now it looks like it will balance beautifully.

As a note, I am SOOOOOO glad Jerry Brown came out with the 100 # hollow Spectra. The reel notes it is good for 450 yds of 135# spectra so the extra 100 yards of line makes me feel a little safer when chasing cows from an anchored boat. Thank you again Jerry.

Anybody got a dog named Maybe I can try this thing out on before Saturday???

Jamie

2. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Yo Jamie,

You lucky dog. You must have connections at Accurate. I can't get a twinspin 50 for two more weeks.:mad: In frustration, I bought one of those new 2009 20K stella's yesterday. Of course, I got a good deal.

Bring that setup to Texas. We'll tie your lie off on a big Brahma bull that has his eyes on some cows in heat. I'll put you in the back of a hunting truck that has a rail high enough to test out your thunder down under.:D

Good luck on your trip. Don't forget, I want one of those thunder down unders. Don't worry about the rod diameter, I'll make it work.

Couple of questions.
    1) Did they mount the extreme handle on the 50? If so, does the offset handle work with the already offset cranking arm? Maybe they machined the extreme handle at 90 degrees.
    2) Is the 50 based on the 30 size frame?

3. fishordie

fishordie Senior Member

Yo Jamie,

You lucky dog. You must have connections at Accurate. I can't get a twinspin 50 for two more weeks.:mad: In frustration, I bought one of those new 2009 20K stella's yesterday. Of course, I got a good deal.

Bring that setup to Texas. We'll tie your lie off on a big Brahma bull that has his eyes on some cows in heat. I'll put you in the back of a hunting truck that has a rail high enough to test out your thunder down under.:D

Good luck on your trip. Don't forget, I want one of those thunder down unders. Don't worry about the rod diameter, I'll make it work.

Couple of questions.
    1) Did they mount the extreme handle on the 50? If so, does the offset handle work with the already offset cranking arm? Maybe they machined the extreme handle at 90 degrees.
    2) Is the 50 based on the 30 size frame?

Hi Bill,

The Extreme handle did not work for me on any of my Twin Spins as it compounds that angle already built into the crank arm. I love the Platinum 12 handle as I do not have giant hands and that works great for me.

The 50 is an altogeather new design so NO it is not just a larger spool on a 30 body.

I will have more info on the Thunder Down Under after this trip but Yes, I will be selling these things as I am getting inquiries from all over the world.

And Yes, a Brahma would be just about right to test out how this beast will work....LOL.

Jamie

4. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

Jamie, could you post a picture of the TS-50 when you get a chance?

5. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

Mrbill, Clean out some of your PMs.

6. fishordie

fishordie Senior Member

Tx,

I have to apologize as I have been too busy to do anything other than work and pack for my Long Range Trip leaving in the morning. I hope to have some pics when I get back.

But the reel is Awwwsomme for me. However it is a very big reel and needs the proper stick and location of the reel seat to balance it properly.

Jamie

7. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

That's the best excuse I've ever heard :)

Tx,

I have to apologize as I have been too busy to do anything other than work and pack for my Long Range Trip leaving in the morning.

8. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

That's the best excuse I've ever heard :)

Saw this on Allcoast. Wonder if Jamie got the cow on the spinner.

Intrepid First Day Wrap up

Well, last I reported, we were plopping the anchor over the side. We picked a few more skinnies, and picked away at the tuna. We saw a lot of fish, but they didn't bite as well as we had hoped.
    We ended the day with 22 wahoo and 14 tuna. The biggest tuna of the day was caught by Jamie Maison "Fishordie", taping at 221 by your's truly. Fishybuzz David Tang, Randy "Tonto", Kent Vansooy, Carol Thompson, and Jeff Petron all had good sized tuna as well.
    We are hoping for some live flyers tonight, to spice up our kite bite tomorrow.
    Down for dinner, and I will report again in the morning.
    Wish us luck.