Hold you breath.

Discussion in 'Spearfishing' started by NAZA, Apr 30, 2011.

1. NAZA

NAZA Member

Hi.
    I'm holdind my static breath for 2m40s.
    May iknow what training can help me increase my apea duration.........
    Just bouth expan a lung and doesnt know it will help.

2. Get'n Jiggy

Get'n Jiggy Ultimate Warrior

3. NAZA

NAZA Member

Naza- Best thing to do is take a freedive class. I went from 2:30 to 4:00 in a weekend just by taking a basic freedive class. It also teaches you about samba and SWB. One thing I like to do in a pool is relax-weight-swim. Also start doing O2 and Co2 tables it will help.

Relax -Weight- Swim - SaltyHeads

Static Tables: Freediving Explained - How to Freedive Manual: Training - Static Tables

Good luck and be safe man :D
    Great. I just download and Android Apps for O2 and CO2 training.
    But i dont know from witch one i have to start with......

4. Get'n Jiggy

Get'n Jiggy Ultimate Warrior

Start with O2...Do it for a week then switch to CO2 for a week. See if that helps your dry static.

Also what helps is be in great shape, diet and a ton of cardio :D

NAZA- Watch this video.... Http://vimeo.com/2060317

5. NAZA

NAZA Member

Start with O2...Do it for a week then switch to CO2 for a week. See if that helps your dry static.

Also what helps is be in great shape, diet and a ton of cardio :D

NAZA- Watch this video.... Http://vimeo.com/2060317
    THANKS Jiggy.
    My problem is DIET lol, i use to eat b4 i go to sleep........its became habit...kakakakak...

6. Memo

Memo Senior Member

Hi Naza, I think I can help you a little on this topic. I'm an AIDA International freediving instructor and as Jiggy says the best thing that you can do is to take a freediving course. Taking a full breath, learning to use your diaphragm and adjusting the effects of high CO2 are the very basics of long a long static. Try working on the tables but never train O2 tables in the pool. They can cause black outs if you push hard enough.

and please dive/train with a buddy ;)

7. dennysnook

dennysnook Active Member

The free static apps really helped me out last summer. Went from about a minute to over 3 in less then two weeks. Easy to practice the tables when you put it on your home screen.