360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Sorry for the lack of presence lately around here. I wound up my season the week before Thanksgiving. This year was successful beyond my wildest imagination, and I thank all who shared time on the water with me hunting these amazing bluefin. Next year should be even better, if that is even possible.

I left RI last Sunday morning with both bulldogs and the wife in tow, and drove like a Nascar top driver to get here for Thanksgiving morning. Made amazing time, with very little traffic all the way down Mexico, what a nice drive.

I will be chasing much different quarry down here, and only for fun for a change. The area is loaded with bonefish, tarpon, and permit right off my beach, with an extensive flats and lagoon system teaming with snook and all manner of jacks. There is no large boat anywhere within 60km of me, but my neighbor has a new 25' panga with a 50 horse, so we will explore outside the reef, which has some of the largest cubera and grouper i have ever seen.

If anyone is looking for a getaway that truely is off the beaten path, this is it. Come on down for a visit and bring the wife!

I will be posting up a few pics once I get settled in a bit more, got a new underwater digital camera I am dying to try out.

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving.

View attachment 9646

Dom

Attachments

·
2,030 Posts
Remember when you are down there, pleeeease don't drinkkk the water senior. Sounds like you are having a blast down there.

·
1,703 Posts
You drove all the way from RI to XCALAK MEXICO? You got some cajones! I just googled that place and its on the edge of nowhere. Sounds like relaxation.

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Dom, how long are you going to stay ?
One customer told me he catch big grouper with electric reels on his boat on every drop in deep water off Cancun. I told him I would fish with him for big grouper on jigs no matter how deep they fish.
When you find fishhole for cubera snapper or grouper, let me know. :)

·
1,703 Posts
Did you ever realize you were only 5 friendly central american countries away from PSFL? Looks like a short drive from where you are. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts