Here She Is

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by Boonebird, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Boonebird

Boonebird Member

IMCS Satellite Images

Question for you guys to the south. Do you guys subsrib eto a temp service such as offshore sat or ocean temp? Or does it not really matter to you guys? If so how do you use?

2. Boonebird

Boonebird Member

I know there are fish in this break.

3. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Thats an awesome looking break. I use Hiltons for the sea temp.. and buoyweather for the sea forecast...
    The problem we have in the gulf is the clouds keeping the sats from getting a good thermal image..

4. Boonebird

Boonebird Member

We have the same problem up north. We use offshore sat service.

5. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

what about color changes. any good sites?

6. Bret

Bret Senior Member

what about color changes. any good sites?

hiltons has a chlorophyll image that does pretty good.. usually there is a color change where you find the temp breaks.. So you can use several different images (thermal,altimetry, current, and chlorophyll) and pretty much pinpoint where the breaks/weedlines are without driving around aimlessly looking for one. check out Hilton's Realtime-Navigator - Sea Temps, Altimetry, Chlorophyll, Fishing Charts there are some demos on there that will give you a pretty good idea of what they have.

7. Boonebird

Boonebird Member

I made it out to the temp break. I heard and saw a boat next to us hooked up on a reel nice blue marlin. I heard of a few caught with few yellows. We ran 11o miles south of montauk point. Big goose egg.

8. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Well, it happens to us all at one time or another.. At least you got some salt breeze in your face. and you werent at work..

9. Boonebird

Boonebird Member

Oh man you said it. Atleast I wasnt at work. I saw a few people driving to work wearing suites and ties. Yea Its Game time.