HELP

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by thenewkid, Aug 20, 2008.

1. thenewkid

thenewkid Senior Member

Ok, so I already feel kinda out of line asking this but I have no choice. I recently got laid off due to my boss hurting his back so im out a job. I am booked on the Frances fleet tuna trip out of point judith RI on sept 1st-4th I bought new line and all sorts of other crap but was waiting on buyin the reel. Im 18 and im broke(BROKE) I can manage payin off the rest of the trip 237.50 but i have no way off getting the reel. i was wondering if anyone has a loaner 50w penn or shimano 2speed they would be willing to lend me ( i of course would pay for shipping) only thing i ask is no atd's id be afraid to touch it.

any help is appreciated.

2. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

Tony: I don't consider your post out of line at all. But just in case you strike out, an option might be to rent a big outfit from the boat. Is that an option? If so, it might be reasonable.

Russ

3. thenewkid

thenewkid Senior Member

Thanks UR, yes I can rent an outfit from the boat but they are awful. I rented last year and i had a 6/0 senator sh*t the bed as i was trying to retreive my butterfish from the blender like depths because of all the squid. I had to hand line it back up and get a new reel. After that i would rather use something I have confidence in. Besides I really wanna check out my new seeker rod.