HELP

Discussion in 'Reels' started by SpecialK, Feb 20, 2008.

1. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

OK so I got my new Saragosa 18000. I wanted to get the drag washers out to measure for replacements.

When I took the drag knob off and starte pulling the spool the clip that hold in the washers was not in place well and it popped out letting all of the washers fall out. They all separated and now I do not know what order they go back in. Does it matter all that much? As long as there is a drag washer at the bottom is it ok?
    The schematics do not show the washers. They call the whole spool the spool assembly. I am assuming this would be similar to a Spheros drag wash!
    HELP!
    -k

2. Bill Fisher

Bill Fisher Senior Member

hate it when that happens........

dudn't the snapper board have a shimano forum?....... maybe find help there

3. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

if its like the spheros, you have the first washer against the spool, then a metal, then a washer, then a metal- etc.

4. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

send a pm to Alantani , sure he can get those drag in the right order.
    I was thinking of that. I will send one now. I just didnt know if he messed with spinners much....
    -k

5. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

if its like the spheros, you have the first washer against the spool, then a metal, then a washer, then a metal- etc.
    Thats what I think.
    It hass the little metal washers with "ears" I think you have to split it up evenly where each drag washer is creating its own friction...
    i may have it figured out.
    I sent a pm to Bantam on 2cool to see if he could get some real reel schematics for me.
    Doesnt really make sense to send shcematics with a reel if it only gives yousome of the parts...
    -K

6. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Smoothdrag shows diagrams. I think it is for conventional reels, but you could get some idea.

[​IMG]

7. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Thanks Kilsong. That helps a lot. I have it put back together now. IN the right fashion I believe.