360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for asking what must be a redundant question, but…I’ve been told this is the place to ask it. I’m going on a 6 day mostly yellowtail tuna trip out of San Felipe, Mexico. We will be fishing the Midriff Islands. I have a lighter Seeker/Penn set for catching bait; I figured I would rent a 100ish class/larger setup if needed. My question is what should I buy for the middle of the road stand-up rod/reel? My budget is from $400-$600 or maybe $700.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

·
1,553 Posts
search the classified section, there are many avets(lx, hx, exw 4/0) for sale by myself, njnicka, and a few others. this will save you some money, any rod for a couple hundred is gonna work fine. you still have a few hundred bucks left over for tackle and other expenses. good luck in your search and on your trip

large stand up gear will probably not be needed for a 6 day trip. you might be better off renting 30- 50lb gear on the boat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.