360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes that May be all true but the question is how light can you go with the max being 340g. We know that if the jig is a wider body and the current is strong it will give more resistance to a lighter jig. But in perfect confirmations will the P2 work a jig under 100g?

Benny
Under 100g is not logical, so I have doubts. As said, the rod will curve significantly less and thus it will impart less progressive elastic energy to the lure, but the lure can be jigged (just differently, not slow pitched with the elastic jump action from the rod; it will go more towards the fast jigging movement on the lure's way up, or other methods such as long fall can be done). As an indication I will give it a range of 120g-340g to the P1. About the P2, I expect it be around 200g-500g, and for the P3 like 400g-800g. In one conversation, A Ka himself told me that there is no need to buy all 3 powers. He was like buy the 800g max rated version and you are 'good'. One main reason someone will want to buy say 2 versions is if he intends to fish the slow pitch method in way different zones of water depths, like 40-70m, then in the 180-400m range, where he will need a Power 0 or 1 and a Power 3. But getting a power 2 is a waste unless the person will definitely be jigging with lures not exceeding 500g (650g for SJ III) and thus will not need the 800g.

By the way, how you compare the R to the S? It is something I am considering now for slow jigging with heavy lures given that the S is out of reach and that the SE is not convincing and seems significantly overpriced. I read that the R is a stripped down version of the S. It has Alconite guides which I do not mind given the rod about 100 USD less expensive, but the difference of 5 Kg in max load at 60 and 90 degrees put some doubts about the blank being same. I mean if it was the same blank, the ratings would have been very close; neither the guides alone nor a difference of a few milimiters in diameter can make a difference of 5 Kg.

I like the idea of having a rod that has a proper action and is elastic enough for slow jigging in deep waters but have enough reserve to tighten the drag and pump the fish without any worry that the rod will break.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I spoke to A Ka about some of my concerns concerning the SE, and also about some people liking the S more and also the feel. His reponse was that the SE is an improvement on the S. It is easier to pitch the jig (what people there says). The rod has more kicking power (he describes the uncoiling as the kicking back).

He said that there will be a limited edition rod coming out soon that will suit people who liked the S more.

·
Retired Member
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I spoke to A Ka about some of my concerns concerning the SE, and also about some people liking the S more and also the feel. His reponse was that the SE is an improvement on the S. It is easier to pitch the jig (what people there says). The rod has more kicking power (he describes the uncoiling as the kicking back).

He said that there will be a limited edition rod coming out soon that will suit people who liked the S more.
Perfect! He’s a nice guy always responds and seems knowledgeable with his responses. Thanks for the heads up! Looking forward for the new “S”

Benny

·
Registered
13 Posts
Now I'm curious to know where is Zone 9 located? :unsure: (shipping)
The zone displayed is according to what country you put in the registration process (as delivery address). From what I seen on the internet, it seems that zones are labelled differently depending on the country of origin of the parcel; for example, from Estonia, for TNT, my country, Mauritius, is put zone 9 which is labelled as rest of the world, but on Tokayo's website (Malaysia), my country is put in zone 10, and from France, Mauritius is put in Zone 11. I tried to check which country falls in zone 9 on their website but could not unless it seems I create several accounts with different countries or I keep changing my delivery address and after each change, I go back to cart till I get zone 9 (which I did not want to do, and is not something I will advice anyone doing as the person actions might be marked as suspicious activity).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Why are you asking about zone 9? Is it a cost for shipping? Googled what zone 9 means and this is what I got. Hope it helps.

https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039008172-How-do-USPS-Postal-Zones-work-

Benny
I find it strange why he asked this, and according to the info he put in his forum account, he is from Canada.

If it’s a shipping cost issue. I think shipping is free with 2kg of jigs.
Correction: it is 1kg and above. Shipping cost is the last thing to worry about when ordering items that have 'free shipping' labels on them. The total cost is what someone should pay attention to because sometimes the cost of the item is exagerated so that it covers the shipping fee (what I mean is that the potential buyer is not getting free shipping as such if he is paying for it as part of the displayed cost of the items only; it is sort of a business trick).

·
Retired Member
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I find it strange why he asked this, and according to the info he put in his forum account, he is from Canada.

Correction: it is 1kg and above. Shipping cost is the last thing to worry about when ordering items that have 'free shipping' labels on them. The total cost is what someone should pay attention to because sometimes the cost of the item is exagerated so that it covers the shipping fee (what I mean is that the potential buyer is not getting free shipping as such if he is paying for it as part of the displayed cost of the items only; it is sort of a business trick).
1kg even better. Thanks for the update.

Benny

·
Registered
35 Posts
So I came across a yt video that answered my original question regarding jig weight range on these rods, namely what would the low end jig weight be for each power. This is what the video said (and it was an ocean devil video, I believe). For the spj3s:

Power 1: 100-340gm
Power 2: 200-500gm
Power 3: 350-800gm

·
Retired Member
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
So I came across a yt video that answered my original question regarding jig weight range on these rods, namely what would the low end jig weight be for each power. This is what the video said (and it was an ocean devil video, I believe). For the spj3s:

Great find! I had asked A Ka in the very beginning when the “S” first came out, but I was never able to find it again.

Benny

·
Registered
271 Posts

I agree with Benny great find. I was looking for the actual jig range for the power 3 yesterday but I couldn’t find it. 👏🏼👏🏼

41 - 52 of 52 Posts