360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
From what I got from A Ka the kid in the video. He says that the SJ3S was replaced with the Diamond series from HR. Tokayo asked HR to make the SE exclusively for Tokayo, to Tokayo specs. As far as the HR jigs with the Tokyo logo is just a advertising way to push Tokayo products. I bought HR jigs from US shops and they’re the same jig just no name.

Benny

Benny,

Do these rods work lighter jigs? For example, the power 2 SJ3S states the jig rating as Max 500. Will it properly work a 200 gm jig, or even a 100; or is it too stiff to work the lighter jigs well?

thanks,

Aasim

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry I don’t know how low you can go with the “S” P2. I have a P1 and P2 in the SJR3S and used them as suggested. I used as low as 200g and up to 290g on the P1 with great results. If I needed to go lighter I would most likely set up my SJ3R P0.

Benny
Did the "R" P1 work the 200g jig well? I'm trying to understand the "Max jig weight" concept vs using a range which many rods provide. If P0 is max 250g, and P1 is max 340g, does that mean P1 is intended to work jigs between 250g and 340g? Maybe I'm thinking too much about this.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So I came across a yt video that answered my original question regarding jig weight range on these rods, namely what would the low end jig weight be for each power. This is what the video said (and it was an ocean devil video, I believe). For the spj3s:

Power 1: 100-340gm
Power 2: 200-500gm
Power 3: 350-800gm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts