Heads Up

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by Pope, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Blake is insisting we throw another party. He has been bugging me about it for days. I am going back down to the coast soon to rape the redfish and will also start keying in on the sand bass as they make their annual migration up the creeks to spawn. Hence, fish fry!

I am thinking sometime is March. I should have plenty of fish by then! Hopefully OTI will be in full swing and we can see some of the new jigs, rods, poppers, ect...

2. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Sounds good to me. Betsi and I were just talking about a party... do you want to do it at your house or mine?? I have lots of venison, and should have lots of tuna and wahoo..

3. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

I should be able to donate some good ol Benbrook crappie to the fry.... you just let me know how many... 100 fillets should be no problem at that time.

4. Pope

Pope Senior Member

I think Blake wants to do it here. He wants to invite his friends down the street. Maybe we could charge admission and hold a Phat Cat/Hard Licker benefit. Rick needs new power and you want the new transom.

5. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Crappie sound good. I need to go with you to learn the lake for short order crappie.

6. Sea Crappie

Sea Crappie Senior Member

Did someone say crappie?

:)

7. bpitcher

bpitcher Senior Member

Whats up with the phat cat? Those hondas acting up again?

Brad

8. Pope

Pope Senior Member

see, Sea Crappie

9. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Cool.. we will be there.. Just let me know what you need me to bring.

10. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

Sounds good.
    Brandon, if you make it down to the coast soon, you should take a run down the beach. I have some friends that are catching lots of LARGE trout in the surf and it should only get better over the next month or two. Most of the fish are coming from the 30-35 mile marker and all are coming on jerkbaits. Blues are also still being caught, not good to eat but are fun to catch.
    Keep us informed and if anything is needed, let us know.

Keith

11. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

^ I dont know why I told you they are not good to eat. It was me that called you to ask what I should do with them all. I ended up donating them to the guy that works at clems and donating the other ice chest to some guy that was cleaning a bunch of whiting. I will never keep that many blues again.

12. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

no problem Brandon, I go down I-20 to Benbrook.... Once things settle (cruise next week) I will start fishing again.

13. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I not sure I would eat a fish called "Crappie". It didn't get that name because of it's good taste.

14. Ross

Ross Member

I not sure I would eat a fish called "Crappie". It didn't get that name because of it's good taste.

Well...then call them white perch or sac-a-lait!:D It doesn't get much better than fresh sac-a-lait, in freshwater at least!

15. Ross

Ross Member

Brandon,

You still have my fish fry stuff, right? I can offer my frying services once again.

Sounds like another great time!

16. Pope

Pope Senior Member

That bottle of butane exploded and left a crater in my porch. No wait that was the meth lab. Yeah it is in the garage I think. I put it in there and haven't seen it since. White perch jerking coming up soon.