Headed to the keys and Panama

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by Pope, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Pope

Pope Senior Member

I am going to be in the keys in a little more than a week with the family. Further tests on our baby revealed "she" (yes, it is a girl) will be okay. I jumped the gun after two tests came back with bad news, but the latest concluded everything was okay. Therefore, I am taking vacation seriously and spending time in the keys with the lady and Blake. I would like a suggestion on a guide to use for some light fishing with the family. Maybe a reef trip or something. Flats fishing would be preferred, but it is a little too technical for my entire crew. I will be in the lower keys most of the week. When I get back I sleep for a few days and fly to Panama to see John.

2. bulllred

bulllred Senior Member

Pope, flat fishing is not too technical. With a good guide you guys will be fine.

3. Pope

Pope Senior Member

I can handle it with no problem. I have flat fished for years. I will have an 8 year old onboard. Sight casting to a bone may be an issue if they are spooky. The lady would prefer to get lots of action as well.

4. wacker

wacker Senior Member

I can handle it with no problem. I have flat fished for years. I will have an 8 year old onboard. Sight casting to a bone may be an issue if they are spooky. The lady would prefer to get lots of action as well.

Well sender over here!:D LOL Sorry just couldn't let that one go.

Have fun down there in Panama, If ya don't mind can you take some DR Pepper down with ya and bury somewere it so I will have a stash next trip?

5. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Have a great time!!!!!!

Scott

6. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Well sender over here!:D LOL Sorry just couldn't let that one go.

Have fun down there in Panama, If ya don't mind can you take some DR Pepper down with ya and bury somewere it so I will have a stash next trip?

Jim-

I have always worried about you a bit, but if a friend's pregnant woman turns you on...well, I am going to worry a lot. Look for the Dr. Pepper under the X. I will leave the map in the room between the sheets. Let's see what you can do with that.

7. d-a

d-a Senior Member

I am going to be in the keys in a little more than a week with the family. Further tests on our baby revealed "she" (yes, it is a girl) will be okay. I jumped the gun after two tests came back with bad news, but the latest concluded everything was okay. Therefore, I am taking vacation seriously and spending time in the keys with the lady and Blake. I would like a suggestion on a guide to use for some light fishing with the family. Maybe a reef trip or something. Flats fishing would be preferred, but it is a little too technical for my entire crew. I will be in the lower keys most of the week. When I get back I sleep for a few days and fly to Panama to see John.

Pope

When and where are you going in the keys? I'm down in the lower keys till June 20th.

d-a

8. wellcraft26

wellcraft26 Senior Member

avoid Almost There Charters in Key West- they suck. could not go night Tarpon fishing cuz the guide's boat had no lights.:eek: 2nd day wreck /reef private charter on a 27 ft cc would not leave bay due to 4ft waves.:eek:
    We stayed at the Ocean Key Resort and it was totaly cool- walked every where drunker than a monkeys:p I even bought the homeless drunks that asleep on the beach 6packs-
    friendly Nude dancers and eat at Fogerty's on Duvale St.:cool: Irish Kevin's is cool too.

9. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Pope

When and where are you going in the keys? I'm down in the lower keys till June 20th.

d-a

We will be there from the 13th through the 20th. Feel like "hooking" up?

10. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Thanks for the information wellcraft26.

11. d-a

d-a Senior Member

We will be there from the 13th through the 20th. Feel like "hooking" up?

Yea we can get a day trip in.

d-a

12. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Good deal. I will check with the BOSS and get the itinerary tomorrow. I can see which days are free for a day trip. Do you have a guide in mind?

13. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Good deal. I will check with the BOSS and get the itinerary tomorrow. I can see which days are free for a day trip. Do you have a guide in mind?

I sent you a PM, but I have my 26ft Glacier bay with me.

d-a

14. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Brandon, go have fun and catch the crap out of some fish.....