Hatteras Cobia Jigging w/video added

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Eastern Tackle, May 18, 2009.

1. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

Well it is official. I am now referred to in Hatteras as "The one who brings rain and current."

[​IMG]

Our day started out fighting the rain and wind and 4+ knots of current. We managed some bass, red snappers and dolphins.

[​IMG]

Patrick worked on the keepers with one of my new jigs that will be out in a few weeks.
    [​IMG]

We moved offshore and got some tiles and dolphin, but we were drifting so fast that it was a loosing battle. I did have the pull I was looking for out there and got it about 30 ft off the bottom before it pulled the hook. Ohhh well.

The late day plan was to go home via the beach to check for cobias.

When we first started looking I told Patrick I was due for some good Karma, because I had helped an old couple change a tire in the swamp at 10:00 at night on the way down. Surely I would be rewarded.

This is what happened next.....slinging the bucktail jigs from the tower!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have some good video that I will get up shortly.

Patrick on the Little Clam is not only a great host and captain, but quickly becoming a good friend. I could say so many great things about him, but I encourage you to find out for yourself. Little Clam Sportfishing Cape Hatteras Outer Banks North Carolina Oregon Inlet Fishing Charters

PS. I saw the biggest cobia I have ever seen in my whole life. It the made the 70lbr we caught, look like a runt. Its out there.

2. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

Well it is official. I am now referred to in Hatteras as "The one who brings rain and current."
    haha, i am a member of that tribe also. great going on the cobes!

3. wellcraft26

wellcraft26 Senior Member

Them Cobia are mighty tasty and pull hard too.
    Congats!

4. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

Here is some video footage of the cobia's

Cobia