360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10 jig fishermen are driving down to Hatteras from NY/NJ to jig bluefin on the 51' Bite Me and on the 57' God Speed out of Hatteras Harbor, NC tomorrow.
If tuna still stay there, they are going to experience one of the best bluefin jigging East Coast can offer and have tons of fun catching bluefin in 100 - 150 lbs range on jigs.

·
726 Posts
Kil,
Thanks for the call this morning,wish I could have gone but am saving money for next month in Panama.You'll are going to have Excellent fishing tommorrow because I could not go.LOL!
Plus, my wife almost flipped out when I asked her what she thought about me going.

G

·
Kil,
Thanks for the call this morning,wish I could have gone but am saving money for next month in Panama.You'll are going to have Excellent fishing tommorrow because I could not go.LOL!
Plus, my wife almost flipped out when I asked her what she thought about me going.

david - you need to talk to kil about stories to tell your wife where you're going. i believe he referred to new zealand as "an island off of los angeles" lol :p

·
726 Posts
Bret, LOL!!! I am trying to be "Nice and Good" right now.After Panama, it's "Back to Normal". You know what I mean!!

·
490 Posts
10 jiggers in total?
let me know if you want to fill the two open spots.
i am in va beach and can be at the dock tomorrow with one more.
ThankS!

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good thing was I got the right sizes of blueifn I wanted for years. Bad thing was I lost all three bluefin, probably all over 200 plus lbs.
One guy got his OJ4000P filled with 80 lbs braided line spooled by a big bluefin though he used 25 lbs drag.
I'll post full report when I go back to NJ.

Weather was OK.

·
110 Posts
Good thing was I got the right sizes of blueifn I wanted for years. Bad thing was I lost all three bluefin, probably all over 200 plus lbs.
One guy got his OJ4000P filled with 80 lbs braided line spooled by a big bluefin though he used 25 lbs drag.

Weather was OK.

Kil,

If you don't mind me asking were the fish further south than they have been the past week down there? Sorry to hear about the lost fish. Looking forward to the report.

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kil,

If you don't mind me asking were the fish further south than they have been the past week down there? Sorry to hear about the lost fish. Looking forward to the report.
It was north. The area was fished is actually closer to Oregon Inlet (35 miles).

·
110 Posts
It was north. The area was fished is actually closer to Oregon Inlet (35 miles).

Thanks Kil. Yeah they have been thick up there! The reason I asked was because I heard they got into em good further south too!

·
110 Posts

Weather was OK.

You guys going back out tomorrow? If so need anyone to fill two more spots?

G

·
yes
what's the good word?

i am not sure, but i am flying home late on the 2nd and if i can get down to NC on the 3rd i want to fish that day.

G

·

Weather was OK.
so does this mean you want to fish next week as well ;)

cant wait to read the full report. i just hope the weather gods are nice next friday.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts