Has anyone charted with Offshore Big Game?

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Drifter, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

I'm looking for charter the middle of May for 4 - 5 fishermen. Target is YFT, Wahoo, and Mahi. We're from Austin so PA or Freeport would be best for us. Has anyone used Offshore Big Game Charters 54' Bertram, the Paparda Rey? Price seems very reasonable for their 54hr trip @ $4K + fuel. Full meals @ $70 per person (not sure if this is per day or the full 54 hrs)

I'm open to other charters in the same price range.

Thanks in advance.

Louis

Offshore Big Game Fishing Charters in the Gulf of Mexico, Marlin fishing, Tuna fishing, Offshore fishing in Texas

2. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

That Bertram is nice

3. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

I'm looking for charter the middle of May for 4 - 5 fishermen. Target is YFT, Wahoo, and Mahi. We're from Austin so PA or Freeport would be best for us. Has anyone used Offshore Big Game Charters 54' Bertram, the Paparda Rey? Price seems very reasonable for their 54hr trip @ $4K + fuel. Full meals @ $70 per person (not sure if this is per day or the full 54 hrs)

I'm open to other charters in the same price range.

Thanks in advance.

Louis

Offshore Big Game Fishing Charters in the Gulf of Mexico, Marlin fishing, Tuna fishing, Offshore fishing in Texas
    Louis, Keep me in mind... Work has been crazy lately but I still need to get my fix!

4. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

SpecialK - I only have three so you're more than welcomed. If you're in my home area tomorrow, let's do lunch. I also need my roof checked for hail damage!

5. rtran

rtran Senior Member

not too shabby..

6. Tom Hilton

Tom Hilton Junior member

Howdy,

Paparda Rey is a class act operation - Capt. Kenneth will put you on the fish, and you will have a good time...make sure they have an ample supply of boudain - it's good!

Tom Hilton

7. lucas_shane

lucas_shane Member

i havent got to fish with them as of yet but the booking is in the works. i have spoke to both the capt ( by email ) and the owner (ryan) ( by phone ).
    ryan kept me on the phone for about an hour. lol. time flies when your talking fishing. lol

they both seem like GREAT people. i like the fact that they do what you wanna do.
    as far as the food goes you can stop at the store and pick up all your grub and it wont cost you any extra. ryan said he will go to store and get whatever you want and he will hand you the reciept and you pay only what the food cost. i think that is pretty cool.

good luck and let us know how it turns out !

8. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

Tom Hilton and luca shane - thanks for the information. I should have a couple of dates the middle of next week then I'll call Offshore Big Game Fishing Charters. It would be very helpful to hear from someone who has used their services out of Freeport.

We have 4 fishermen + SpecialK who is interested.
    Thanks!