Happy New Year!

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by Bret, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Bret

Bret Senior Member

I wish all of you a happy and fishy 2007! Bring on the tuna!!

2. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

happy new year to all. good luck on your personal quests for big fish and personal bests.....rick

3. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Thanks guys. I will work on the personal best as best I can!

4. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Happy new year to all.

5. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

Happy New Year Guys! Looking forward to fishing with you all again in 2007.

Tom

6. Bill Fisher

Bill Fisher Senior Member

I wish all of you a happy and fishy 2007! Bring on the tuna!!

woohoo!......

backatcha!

7. feeder

feeder Senior Member

Happy new year to all you guys. Tight lines and screaming drags for the new year!

8. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

Happy New Year, Gentlemen and I hope to meet some of you if I can ever get out on the water. So far, my personal best is still swimming in the gulf having spit my 12/0 hook out in disgust---whatever it was.

Russ

9. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Well, I sure hope the new year will be a good one offshore. Let's hope for some smaller seas. I just returned from four days in Port A. It was rougher than expected. Oso, good thing they cancelled your 48 hour trip. Boomvang is a long ride. Not sure you could have made there on Friday under a 30 hour hour boat ride.

10. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

Happy New Year everyone!! No fishing for me till I get over being the most sick dude in Texas. I have been getting whooped now for three days from a mad bug. Wish you guys the best and I look forward to 2007. May the fish gods be with you.

Keith

11. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Happy New year to all.

12. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

No fishing for me till I get over being the most sick dude in Texas. I have been getting whooped now for three days from a mad bug. Keith

I had that bad bug last week. I thought I was having a heart attack. My chest got swollen up then came the vomit and diarrhea for two days. I know of two others that actually went to the emergency room thinking they were having a heart attack.

My arse is still not normal. The runs came back at a bad time Sunday offshore. I thought I was over it but had to expose my arse a couple of times on the deck. I even had to put the rod in a holder with a fish on during one attack. That was a first for me. I was the "butt" of jokes New Years Eve night.

13. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

MrBill,

As one of my heros here on this board who provides me with fishing tips and wisdom, is there a proper technique for hanging both ends over the gunnels at the same time?

Russ

14. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Depends on the boat you are on. If there is a swim platform, I like to step over the transom onto the swim platform and hang onto the transom while doing my business. On a center console, I like to hang over the gunnel while holding on the center console with a mooring rope.

Sunday, I didn't have time to prepare. I coughed and the next thing I know is my pants were full. Rather embarrassing as those were the only pants I had for the trip. We got the boat moving and I held them over the gunnel for a thorough saltwater wash down. This procedure was repeated twice that day.

I just hope and pray that a certain person that I was fishing with doesn't post pictures of me in this predicament. If he does, I will post a few of him doing some things that could prove to be very embarrassing.

15. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Mr Bill,
    Depends? :D

16. Pope

Pope Senior Member

I hope the weakness leaves all of your bodies soon enough.

17. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

Happy New Year to all! Safe trips and boatloads of fish!!!

Mr Bill... that sounds like a crappy trip!!!!! Glad yall didnt get in any "sticky" situations!!! Thats stinks!!! Glad you arent full of shiet anymore..... hehehe.... Hope you get better... had those same symtoms back in the summer at the lake house... thought I had food poisoning until some other friends caught the same stuff... It was flu like- I was in excruciating back pain, arse pain, and stomach pain.... I coulda stood on one foot, done circles, and been a yard fertilizer!!

18. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

I know this is sooooo sorry and may sound rude but it sure is nice to know that I am not the only sick dude out there. I have been miserable!!! Found out just a minute ago that Jared is sick too... HAHAHAHAA OUCH...
    Bill, that is one hell of a story and one that I am glad I was not part of.. Hope you got your arse out far enough from the boat that you didnt have to do any scrubbing!!!! That would be worse than scrubbing someones seasickness off the sides of the boat... HARDCORE!

19. Gunsmoke

Gunsmoke Guest

We were out about 40 miles offshore fishing the rocks for AJ's. We released a few snapper and gave up on the bottom fishing. Snapper season is closed in federal waters anyway so we tried the top with lures and ballyhoo's. Lot's of little school size kingfish. That's all we caught. Ton's of them piled up over the rocks. Not one hoo or dolphin. Just a bunch of small kingfish. We did have fun catching them on Calcutta 400s with jigs and poppers. I would guess we released at least 35 of those little 6 to 12 pound kingsters using 14# test line.

While we were fishing Mrbill didn't have time to get his pants down. He started coughing and then he had this strange look on his face. He said "I think I just filled my pants up with poop."

He dropped his pants and it really stunk. He tossed his wear overboard and I put the boat in gear. He got two gaffs. One was hooked on the blue jean loop on the left side and the other on the right. I was impressed as he held them in the white water over the transom as we trolled. It worked great.

Problem was it happened again about an hour later. This time he was hooked up on a fish. He didn't hesitate to put the rod in a holder as all three of us had fish on. This time he made a mess on the deck. I got some great photo's of him using those gaffs to clean out his jeans at 15 knots. I'll keep them on my harddrive until the right time.

This all happened on Sunday the 31st. Seas were about 5-7s. That night, New Year's Eve, he's standing there drinking whiskey and cramming down venison tamales as if there was no tomorrow. Before dinner he bet me that he could eat one dozen pickled eggs in ten minutes. I lost the bet. I'm sure his wife got the full effect of those tamales and eggs after they bedded down. That man has an iron stomach but we all have our limits.