Hale Yeah 5-31

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by rhale, Jun 1, 2009.

1. rhale

rhale Senior Member

We had a late start because my pops had to work late so we left the dock at 11:00 pm on Saturday and ran to the Sword grounds. We put baits in the water at 4:00 am and hooked up at 5:30. My girl battled it out stand up for about 20 minutes and the fish hit the deck...

The sun was already starting to light up the horizon so we put up the Sword gear and broke out the trolling tackle. At 8:20 we had our first hit of the day and it was a spunky little Blue that saved most of his energy for the wire and release. This was my Dads first Blue and our first of the year so it was extra cool.

We put the spread back out and about 5 minutes later we hooked another Blue and had him on for a few before he threw the hook.. A while later we caught a small Wahoo and then came up on a school of Blackfin on the surface and had a quad hookup but lost 2 and landed 2. The rest of the day was slow but we finally picked up another Wahoo before heading home.
    Here are a few pics.

Attached Files:

2. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Great trip and report!!

3. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

That last picture is freakin sweet!!!!!!

4. Pope

Pope Senior Member

5. fathom

fathom Lifetime Supporting Members

Awesome Pics!

6. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

That last picture is awesome. Is that your Dad all excited wearing the tan colored hat near the transom in that photo?

Those huge bills on the swords always amaze me. Nice rewarding day on the Gulf for you guys. What was the estimated weight of the sword?

7. rhale

rhale Senior Member

Thanks MrBill, that is my dad in the back and he is still pumped. After watching many Marlin caught from the helm he finally reeled one in.

My guess for the sword is about 100 pounds or so.

8. wacker

wacker Senior Member

Way to go Ronnie, Starting off the year right. Nice to see ya have the lady leased off. I see guys all the time harnessed up and no leash and it scares the hell out of me (especially in the dark). We did some of that deepdrop fishing and the barrelfish were every drop!
    That is some eating right there now.

9. ToneyC

ToneyC Senior Member

Cool azz pics!

10. bulllred

bulllred Senior Member

11. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Great job Ronnie.. Congrats to your Dad on his first marlin.. Awesome report..... as usual!! Nice Sword as well.... you guys have been eating good!!!

12. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

Nice sword Ronnie - great pics!

Louis

13. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

14. fish4stripers

fish4stripers Senior Member

Nice pics, congrats on the 1st!

15. HWK

HWK Senior Member

Kick ass Ronnie !!!