Hale Yeah 3-15

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by rhale, Mar 16, 2009.

1. rhale

rhale Senior Member

We made it out for the first time this year, the seas were nice and the fishing was OK. Wahoo was our main target and they didnt want to play but the slimy Kings were so thick we had a fish on all 5 lines we had out and 3 of the fish were in mid air at the same time...... It was fun for a little while and I caught a few on spinners casting Wahoo Bombs. We probably caught about 25 to 30 in about an hour and a half before getting sick of it.

Next stop was a rig near by where we decided to jig. Instant hook ups all around and we all knew what we had........ Jacks...... They were so thick it was all you could see under the boat. You could not get a jig past them so after catching as many as we could stand we put the spread back out and trolled around the rig for a while only catching more Jacks and 2 Blackfin.

We ran offshore to another rig and the table fare got better. Trolled for a while but no action so we dropped some jigs down and started catching fish one after another. We caught AJs, Scamps, Gags, Almaco, Bonito, Hard tails, Snapper, and even a small Shark... All out of season fish were vented and released which was almost all of them.........:mad: It was getting close to the end of the trip so I dropped a large bait down in hopes of a big Grouper and that is exactly what happened, we ended up catching 2 good sized Gags (which had to be released) before Jerrid finally got a good Warsaw.

We made one stop on the way home to try our luck for a Mako but it didnt work out and we headed home happy that we got out and got some good eats.

Attached Files:

2. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

nice groupers :). what were they caught on?

where did you go out of?

3. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

Yeah! Grouper sammiches. Glad you took advantage of the good weather and got out, stretch some line and bend some rods. Is that Falcon?

Fred

4. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

There's another Bertram in the back-ground. Seems every report out of GOM has a Bertram or hatteras in the background.

Nice Groupers. Sounds like you got bent.

5. rhale

rhale Senior Member

nice groupers :). what were they caught on?

where did you go out of?

We fish out of Port Aransas.

The Gag my girlfriend caught and the Warsaw were caught on a small Bonito and the other fish were caught on jigs. I hooked a monster well away from the rig on a 200 gram OTI Jager that I could not stop, it was if it didnt know it was hooked and just swam back to the rig.....

Your are right Fred.

6. HWK

HWK Senior Member

Nice groupers,

7. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

Ronnie,

Super Warsaw! What gear did you use for it?

8. jaredchasteen

jaredchasteen Senior Member

Hale yeah delivers again.....Ronnie you are a fish magnet you gonna dent our sword population this year. Nice groupers. ****ing Kings.

9. baldurs390

baldurs390 Senior Member

nice fish looks like a fun trip

10. rhale

rhale Senior Member

Ronnie,

Super Warsaw! What gear did you use for it?

Thanks Louis, it was caught on my girls Purple Avet EX 4/02 / Calstar Baby Boomer combo that I built for her. Its kind of funny watching your buddy fight a fish on a Purple and Pink set up....... It handled the fish well in full drag and was by far the best test for that set up so far.

Attached Files:

11. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

excellent report and nice groupers!

12. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

Great fish! Thanks for the pics and report.
    I need to go fishing!

13. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Dang Ronnie, yall are off to a great start for 09. looking forward to more of your reports..

14. Bolo

Bolo Senior Member

Great report. Awesome grouper catch.:)

15. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

Nice rod!!

I might buy my wife something like that, even though she will never go offshore!!

16. lucas_shane

lucas_shane Member

Nice rod!!

I might buy my wife something like that, even though she will never go offshore!!

i tired that a cpl years ago. she said next time to let her know and she will pick out her own set up. lol
    but i got me another cheap rig out of the deal.lol

NICE CATCH AND CONGRATS

17. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

Attached Files:

18. fonz

fonz Member

cool report, Thanks

19. On Course

On Course Guest

Great Report & Pics!!!

On Course

20. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Nice take Ronnie! Tell Jerrid he looks cute with that pink setup:D
    Im headed down to Aransas this weekend to do a material take off. Give me a shout if you guys are around.

21. rhale

rhale Senior Member